• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Extended Emergency Brake Cables

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Does anyone know if you can buy them at any of the chain auto parts stores? I see that Duffs sells universal e-brake cables and are the cheapest out there right now, but with shipping being as bad as it is to Alaska, I would like to try to buy them here if possible.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I found them at Advance Auto, but they were universal and I thought they sucked.
I purchased my last 2 sets from Jeff's.

Louie

Bronco Guru
You could just leave them off for a few weeks until you come up with a set.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Use cables for a 78-79 Bronco, I bought them at the local auto parts store. They're 5-6" longer. It seems like my total bill w/ tax was just over $50 for the pair.

If you do a search, I even posted up the part #'s at one time.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Use cables for a 78-79 Bronco, I bought them at the local auto parts store. They're 5-6" longer. It seems like my total bill w/ tax was just over $50 for the pair.

If you do a search, I even posted up the part #'s at one time.

Hope this helps!

Brother, I painfully searched every post you have ever posted and didn't find the part numbers. If you can find it, I would be most appreciative.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Brother, I painfully searched every post you have ever posted and didn't find the part numbers. If you can find it, I would be most appreciative.

I found this post of his

I want to keep E-brakes on my rig, even though it is primarily a trail rig only, so my search began...

I went through my buddies piles of junk, parts and God only knows what else looking for some. I scored a set of an early 80's E250 van, they were close, but still not quite what I wanted.

I headed over to the local O'Reilly's auto parts store (just around the corner) and started working with the guy behind the counter. After ordering several sets, and measuring and fooling around with them, I learned that the cables for a 78 Bronco work perfectly!

The part #'s are BC92863 and BC92867 respectively. This is for "Brake Best" brand cables. Manufactured in Italy. The prices were $24.99 and $25.99, and I had them the next day. There's boatloads of slack for my axle to droop. Just thought I'd share.

OP
OP
Chief Master Sergeant

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Thanks! No O-Reillys here though. I'll have to just ask for the 78 Bronco cables and see what I get.