• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Extended Stretched Broncos

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
OK, I can't stand it anymore, I Want an extended Bronco! Can't stop thinking about it for awhile now. Just need a good tub to start with! just thought I'd get that off my chest...

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey blue, check out kb6677, Tito, ponyracer and my "Stretch"!!! Then there's the big stretch!!!!;D;D;D;D

Attachments

• DSCN1011.JPG
    DSCN1011.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 216

HGM

Loc.
Senoia, Ga.
You need to stay off those web sites!! Its not normal to be that big...... But, it would be cool....

camomog

Loc.
Reno, Nv.
I am doing one as well. moving the axles and adding to the frame should end up in the 110 to 114" area with 39's and mog axles. Should have lots of room for the kid and camping gear.

blue bronc

Loc.
Fort worth
NGA I looked at your build and think that it is great. I have seen Tito’s before. I wish I had the room for a project like that but I just don’t. I will end up buying someone’s when they are done with it.

OP
OP
78Scronco

78Scronco

Bronco Guru
I'm still thinking of possible using a 64-66 truck bed sides to do this if I can find one around for a decent price. But if I could find a decent tub close to me that would be nice to start with. and then possible putting it on 78/79 big bronco frame for strength reasons and not having to extend the eb frame.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
your pics

From back in the day-'02-03-we thought we had something, really just copying the wheelbase of another vehicle I had in '00 that went extremely well :)

Attachments

• 007_07.jpg
    007_07.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 008_08.jpg
    008_08.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 009_09.jpg
    009_09.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 51

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
kb, you're a tease!!!!!;D;D;D Here's what that awesome and capable rig ended up looking like!!! And that's the "Show" side of it!!!! It has a "Go" side too!!!!

Attachments

• FSCN1010.JPG
    FSCN1010.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 96

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
i would love to do a stretch thing as well but, i dont have the know how, kills me as i am in the planing phase of a frame off...

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
KB6677-Details?

Quick version- built starting with two blank frame rails from Advanced Frameworks, '01.5-02.8. 12" stretch, added 12" behind the "b" pillar from another eb tub, cut in the same place, added sheet metal along the bottom to fill the gap, rear axle moved back 2" to end up with a total wb of 106. Everything from the Apillar fwd is in stock eb location.......... 60's front and rear, detroit, detroit, 4.88s, PSC rock ram assist steering, originally a 357sefi, now a 392 sefi, C4, Atlas, custom dash, cage tied into the frame in 6 places, traditional eb suspension-5.5 coils front, 5.5 lift rear leaves, 3" body lift built into the custom body mounts,has run a plethora of tires.House of Kolor paint and flames........ Now living in a retirement garage in Gerton, NC sitting on 40"MTRs, goes out to sonic for ice cream and taken out to play in the snow from time to time before the state puts salt on the roads. It is dated but still fun to drive-has run trails from Tellico to Paragon to Outerlimits in Johnson valley. take the sticky BFG Krawlers off, put on the MTRs and run 70 on the interstate.
I'll stop now before NGA accuses me of blowing my own horn. :)

blue bronc

Loc.
Fort worth
I want one so bad.
That may be the bronco project that I bring home with out telling the wife and get into some serious trouble over.

What could she really do to me????

Wait dont answer that.