• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Extending shifter

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
I installed a 2"body lift and find my shifter is no way to short. Do they sell a taller shifter or to you have to fabricate something? My rig is an automatic so this is for the transfer case. Thanks.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Send us your shifter, if you need custom bends, make sure we have enough info.
we will replace the handles for $30 +shipping (up to 18," stainless, 7/16-20 thread, stock is 12") it does not matter if it is our shifter our not..

Or....... on our website, we have replacement (un-bent) handles in 12' and 18" if you want to DIY.

Cheers,
Jon

OP
OP
deltabronco

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
Nice site! I was actually contemplating a twin "J"shifter for my 76. I guess you guys could fab me a set for s 2" body lift?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Nice site! I was actually contemplating a twin "J"shifter for my 76. I guess you guys could fab me a set for s 2" body lift?

First, get the twin sticks! It's a really good upgrade for a relatively low cost item. You'll like it and shifting in/out of 4WD will be much easier.

But second, I'm scratching my head on why they would need to be extended for a 2-inch body lift? The stock shifter and most of the twin sticks available are plenty tall to be easily reached even with a 2 or 3 inch BL. In fact a lot of folks shorten them - I have on a couple of rigs!

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru

Yes, no problem, if you need them to be....
The stock height of our shifters is 12-1/2" (W/O knob) from the pivot point.

Jon

OP
OP
deltabronco

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
Someone pm me email. I'll post pics. Need to update contributor status.

geofocusinc

Nice bronco, the colour is great.
Here are a couple of pic's of my twin stick height with 2" body lift. I like the lower profile look and there out of the way. A little trimming is required.

Attachments

• RODS-PC - WIN_20160120_083852.jpg
    RODS-PC - WIN_20160120_083852.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 32
  • RODS-PC - WIN_20160120_083758.jpg
    RODS-PC - WIN_20160120_083758.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
deltabronco

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
Nice pics. I may go with a stock height. Yours look good. Are your floor pans painted or is that a bedliner?

geofocusinc

The whole body its painted dark jade green but the floor pans have 06 explorer rubber mats. That's probably what your seeing.