• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

External TBI Fuel Pump - Airtex E2000

ChrisC74

I have seen a few posts on fuel pumps the last couple of months and wanted to share some info.

I have a Howell TBI system - similar or the same as the AFI system. I have run this system on two engines now and one thing that has been driving me nuts is the loud whine noise from the external fuel pump. Not just at start up. Is is so loud that I can hear it at idle 50+ feet away.

I swapped the stock Howell pump out last night for an Airtex E2000 and the whine is gone. Seems to have good pressure, a little different sound when I turn the key prior to ignition but I cannot hear it at all while the engine is running.

Your experience my differ - I have seen online reviews all over the place on one pump being noisy for some and quiet for others but this worked for me and was not a whole lot of money.

gmurrell

thanks for the post. im looking at the AFI (or something) and its nice to have as much info as possible.