• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Extreme Custom parts Roll bar hieght

RivRat

Im thinking of getting just the front half and back half sections from Extremecustomparts.com to save a little and weld them to my center roll bar hoop. if anyone has one could you give me the height from the floor to the top of the center bar and also from the winshield to the front of the center bar, just to make sure it wouldn't be at an angle.
thanks

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't have the height handy but I can tell you the kits are plenty tall. We ended up trimming all of the hoops and the top bars shorter to make it fit the way we wanted. Their web site says they are all long so the user can customize as required.

I have a picture that might help you gauge how tall the hoops are compared to the top of the windshield frame. I can tell you we cut at least 1" off of the back two hoops to get it level to the bed. It's not sloped to the back even though it looks like it in this picture. If you still need a measurement send me a PM tonight and I will take a quick one for you.

Attachments

• DSC02872.JPG
    DSC02872.JPG
    248 KB · Views: 42

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
My three main hoops are from extreme. The nice thing is that you can talk to Mike and have him cut them at whatever length you want (or just have him send them slightly long and cut them to what you need yourself). The ones that I got from him were pretty tall. I shortened the front and the rear hoops some, but left the middle hoop pretty much the length that it was. Here is a pic:

attachment.php