• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Eyebrow Grill Identification Photo

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
I have seen a couple of guys asking about this. This is the best picture I have seen to show exactly what an eyebrow grill is. These were only made in the very early production months of 66 models. Which means like August and September of 65.

Attachments

• Eyebrow Grill with arrows.gif
    Eyebrow Grill with arrows.gif
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,089

TorchRedTulsan

Thanks Bouree! I have been trying to figure out what identifies "eyebrow" grills to no avail. So it's the raised square around half the headlight?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Here lately seems like most '66 had 'em...don't seem to be as rare as I once though?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Here lately seems like most '66 had 'em...don't seem to be as rare as I once though?

I was thinking the same thing the other day. I've also heard several people say, "It's not a 66, no eyebrow grill", but I didn't know enough to argue one way or the other. I just knew some 66's had them and others didn't.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I was thinking the same thing the other day. I've also heard several people say, "It's not a 66, no eyebrow grill", but I didn't know enough to argue one way or the other. I just knew some 66's had them and others didn't.

Yup I know ...I've had. two '66's in the past n one had it n one didn't .

slim811

Contributor
OK Thank you. Can you please explain the 66 tailgate difference also?

I have seen a couple of guys asking about this. This is the best picture I have seen to show exactly what an eyebrow grill is. These were only made in the very early production months of 66 models. Which means like August and September of 65.
Thanks for the post.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Bouree,

Thanks for the pic! Heard of the new of the eyebrow but honestly had no fricken clue as to how to identify them! :-[

Pictures say all there is to say and the red arrows show all you need to see! Great pic! As for the Bronco, that looks like a really nice ride!

BRONCOBERT

Would pretty please with sugar on top work.;D

Its hard to tell but I think they are the ProComp wheels model 7028.
Maybe not the lip with all the bolts looks a lot bigger on the Bronco wheel?
e0239216_2302666.jpg

Last edited:

TPTFPS68

Loc.
Mexico, Mo
My question is....how many years did they use a non-eyebrow grill on broncos that are
marked " 66 above the left front headlamp? I have a couple of them. Just wondering....

Attachments

• 8-25-2013 003.jpg
    8-25-2013 003.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

hightime

Thanks for the clarity. I too hadn't noticed the difference and I've had five EB's. I now have two '66 half cabs and one has the eyebrow and one doesn't.