• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Factory Power Brake Booster question(s)

BOSS3024ME

Loc.
Washington State Vancouver and Oysterville
OK so I got to the brake booster and put it all back together it bolts up rod reaches brake pedal.....master cylinder fits.....(This is starting to scare me )<br><br>Question 1. Not much space between the booster and the inner fender well is this correct??<br><br>Question 2. Is there anything to adjust ??<br><br>I didn't look real close but it apears all the rods (from brake pedal to bellcrank and from bellcrank to booster and from M/C to booster) have no adjustability is this correct??<br><br>Question 3. Vaccuum line from booster to?? (I am assuming base plate on carb if this is the case where do you put PVC line??)<br><br>Anyway it looks good and fits nice so one step closer.....who would think that Ford would set this baby up as a bolt on in 1967??<br><br>Thanks<br><br>Paul

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
<br>Question 1. Correct, Very little space between booster and fender.<br><br>Question 2. Not really, I did mine without adjustments and everything works great.<br><br>Actually you can adjust the rod length between the M/C to booster.<br><br>Question 3. Mine goes to the back of the carb, or the base plate. I forget which but there was a spare hook up back there for it.<br>

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
Paul, Here are just some observations from my conversion <br><br>Question 1. There isn’t much space between the fender and the MC. Make sure the vacuum booster is right side up because it does affect the angle of the MC – meaning the MC could be too high and be hitting the underside of the hood<br><br>Question 2. There is an adjustment on the pushrod between the MC and vacuum booster. Should be just long enough to reach the plunger when the MC is tightened up to the booster. The other adjustment is between the pedal and the booster. If you have an adjustable rod, adjustment the height of the pedal to maximize the amount of plunger activation. I found that my setup worked best when I had the most pedal height.<br><br>Question 3. I mounted the brake vacuum to the carb base plate and the PVC to the air cleaner base plate<br>