• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Father passed away and left me with a ton of parts

CBheller

Hello everyone. As the title says, my father passed and we now are left with a bunch of parts that I don't know what to do with. A long time ago we took apart a solid '69 to start a resto. We got the frame powder coated and the body was started, but things happened and everything is still sitting. I know we have all the parts to make at least 1 full truck. He also parted out at least 1 other truck. We have a few transfer cases and axles. I saw two steering columns and about 5 doors. I know he had some new fenders and hood for it, all still in the original boxes. I'm looking for advice and maybe value for this stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Located in Lancaster PA

Last edited:

Jedhead

Sorry to hear about your Dad, to bad he never got to finish the project. I'm sure you won't have any major problems selling the parts and vehicle if that is what you are looking to do, probably a good idea to post where you live and maybe a member of the site could stop by and give you some advice as to selling it a complete package or selling parts. If you don't have any interest in it it would be easier to to a package deal rather than individual pieces. Good luck and you came to the right site for help, plenty here!

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
CBheller post a general location up and maybe a bronco brother can come give you insight. A project still has some value and the market is pretty crazy right now. Location and shape play a big part but one plus complete truck will appeal to someone. Most the guys on here will give you the straight skinny but we do need some more info. Pictures help if you have any. If you need help posting send me a pm and I will give you my email address so you can send me photos if you have them and I can post them up for you.

Very sorry to hear about your dad.

tmacstickman

Very sorry to hear about your Dad. A big loss no doubt.

You've come to the right place for help, there are alot of guys with tons of experience and knowledge and very willing to help.

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Bummer about your father, it all deprnds on condition. Orignal doors and if theyre 68 w/ removeable frames and no rust about $250 a door, same goes for 66/67 which have a specific latch and key position that's different so those you might get $300 a door. Hoods are about 200-300 if they're used and in decent shape. Fenders if original can go for about $400-500 a piece if they're in excellent shape ie "new old stock" otherwise if theyre repros about $180 a piece and the hood is about $320. Steering columns if in good shape and for an automatic about $120 bucks, used transfer cases $150 +/- and axels depending on what they are, how theyre set up, drums vs disc, can vary in price! good luck hope this helps

OP
OP
C

CBheller

Bummer about your father, it all deprnds on condition. Orignal doors and if theyre 68 w/ removeable frames and no rust about $250 a door, same goes for 66/67 which have a specific latch and key position that's different so those you might get $300 a door. Hoods are about 200-300 if they're used and in decent shape. Fenders if original can go for about $400-500 a piece if they're in excellent shape ie "new old stock" otherwise if theyre repros about $180 a piece and the hood is about $320. Steering columns if in good shape and for an automatic about $120 bucks, used transfer cases $150 +/- and axels depending on what they are, how theyre set up, drums vs disc, can vary in price! good luck hope this helps

Thanks for the info

71Broncitis

I'm in York and buy and sell parts.

I'd like to see what you have and could come over tomorrow to check it out.

Sending you a PM with my phone number.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Piglet

Sorry for your loss.
if you want to sell everything in one big package, deff check in with delconnick.
i may be interested in some stuff (hood/fenders) if you were looking to sell some individually. i'm in baltimore county.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
sorry for your loss, too bad you didn't get to rebuild it with him:(

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Sounds like you got it handled.. good luck.

Thoughts and prayers for you and the family

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Hello everyone. As the title says, my father passed and we now are left with a bunch of parts that I don't know what to do with. A long time ago we took apart a solid '69 to start a resto. We got the frame powder coated and the body was started, but things happened and everything is still sitting. I know we have all the parts to make at least 1 full truck. He also parted out at least 1 other truck. We have a few transfer cases and axles. I saw two steering columns and about 5 doors. I know he had some new fenders and hood for it, all still in the original boxes. I'm looking for advice and maybe value for this stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Located in Lancaster PA

Sorry to hear !! don't sell any of it !!! finish restoring the 69 w. the parts you have ! enjoy your Dads bronco and sell the leftover parts later !!!!

Franko

71Broncitis

Did anybody hear anything ,that was interested.
Nope, I spoke with him on the phone and he said it was all buried under tons of stuff.

He told me he'd clean it out the next weekend to get to it and call me to come over. He's never called yet.

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Nope, I spoke with him on the phone and he said it was all buried under tons of stuff.

He told me he'd clean it out the next weekend to get to it and call me to come over. He's never called yet.

You are going to have to follow up with him. It is hard dealing with lost loved ones stuff.

71Broncitis

You are going to have to follow up with him. It is hard dealing with lost loved ones stuff.
When he's ready to sell he'll call one of us. I'm not twisting his arm. I already have a building full of Bronco parts, so it's not like I really need more. LOL