• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fender Flares, full set of 4 Bushwackers - New in box

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
New fender flares - Complete set of 4. These are brand new, still in the box w/ all hardware as provided by Bushwacker, Bushwacker Dura-Flex. I got them from JBG, but decided to go with Warflares instead. They go for about $300-320 + shipping depending on vendor so you get $50+ off basically.

Pic below is generic. If you want I can take a pic of them in the box.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1915.JPG
    1915.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 127
OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I do. If you PM me your zip code I can quote shipping.

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
So what's the difference between these and the warflares? Are these as flexible, or made of the same type of material?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
The Warflares are more flexy which allows them to be installed on a greater range of fender openings. You just stretch them out wider if your opening is too large for the more traditional Bushwackers. The Warflares are also a little wider. (as in they stick out from the body more)

Material is similar, but the Warflares seem softer and are more shiney (and more durable according to WH). The Bushwackers have a kind of "pebble" texture to them and have a more flat black appearance.

I ran Bushwackers for 10+ years and was happy with them on the trail. That's why I bought another set. But then I started doing my bodywork, cut off my rockers, opened my fender cuts a little more...and the Warflares then made more sense for me.

Here's a pic of both. Warflares on the left, Bushwackers on the right.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 206

74bronk

have you sold the flares yet? if not how much? my zip is 89031

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Not sold yet. PM'd everyone yesterday who asked for a shipping quote.

Thanks!

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
how do you make them fit the body line in the rear on the lower part of the quarter if you mount them higher?

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
how do you make them fit the body line in the rear on the lower part of the quarter if you mount them higher?
I'm not sure you have a whole lot of latitude there, with either Bushwackers or Warflares. They both have a "bump" in the rear of the rear flares that corresponds to the bodyline at the lower rear quarter. The Warflares are more flexible, so have some forgiveness if you mount them a little higher, but if you go too high that "bump" will be in the wrong spot. Basically the Warflares are larger (and taller) so you can mount them higher.

johnmlebel

Bronco Guru
Is the cut out going to be the same as the older duffs? thats what mine is cut for right now and want to make sure it will cover thanks

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Is the cut out going to be the same as the older duffs? thats what mine is cut for right now and want to make sure it will cover thanks
I would say they're similar, but don't know for sure as I don't have the Duffs. I can pull them out and measure tonight if you like.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Administrator
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I do still have them. They're tucked away in a corner of my garage and I sort of forgot about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.