• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fiberglass headliner from bronco hut

JdoubleC

Thinking of getting this headliner, but wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with or installed it. At $420 I'd like to have some feedback before I buy!
Thanks,
Craig

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Following, I bought one, I am waiting to test fit it then cover it in felt.

B-man

We were looking at putting in the side window fiber pieces that Bronco hut sells. I am assuming it would be the same PITA?

OP
OP
JdoubleC

JdoubleC

For $420 there shouldn't be any trimming, should be a perfect fit.

dawg1340

Loc.
Plymouth,In.
Bought The f/glass headliner for my half cab,Very happy with final result,Yes does need alittle trimming to fit good but worth it.You have to remember these tops have been taken off and on for years and I'm sure everyone has been tweeked some

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I am using it in my hard top. Yes it requires some trimming/fitting. I actually cut the quarter panels and reworked them a little so they fit tighter into my bronco. I also had to cut the bottom pieces so I could fit them in with my cage and make it easy to remove should one day I decide to take the top off again. I love it. The added benefit of the extra insulation I am running plus I leather wrapped all the panels, it is the biggest compliment I get on the bronco is the fact the interior looks finished. I will be installing another liner in a customers bronco when we finish building it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So would this be easier with the top off? Seems obvious that it would but are there fitment issues that require top be in place?

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My plan is to fit with the top off upside down. That way I can drill everything and trim.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
So would this be easier with the top off? Seems obvious that it would but are there fitment issues that require top be in place?

Yes and no. I would start fitting it with the top in so gravity will work with you, get it marked where you want it and are happy with it, fit the front and rear panels as they dictate the center, then pull the top, line up your marks and start drilling.

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes and no. I would start fitting it with the top in so gravity will work with you, get it marked where you want it and are happy with it, fit the front and rear panels as they dictate the center, then pull the top, line up your marks and start drilling.

Did you drill and tap? Or just metal screws in drilled holes?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... I guess it depends on the kind of Bronco your Building .. BUT I'm thinking since its Fiberglass. You can also incorporate. Your Radio Speakers in the overhead.
... I had a 1972 Chevy TR & GOT a fiberglass head liner & It had the Speakers located up there . I put some good 4 incher up there .. It was good sound .
. I sure liked it better than the 6x9's in the corners.