• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally Cut my fenders !

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
Well I have been putting off cutting my new front fenders for my flares for a while now . And after all that waiting I wish I would have done it along time ago . It looks pretty good with them cut and matching flares all the way around . I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel ;D
Here are a few pics of where I am at on my build .
Robert
Cedar Park Tx

Last edited:

hose101

Contributor
nice looking rig. What set up for tires and flares are you running? Oh and what seats are those if you dont mind me asking?

OP
OP
coupe66

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
nice looking rig. What set up for tires and flares are you running? Oh and what seats are those if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks for the complements it is nice to hear that from other bronco owners being this is my first bronco build .

The tires are Kumho M/T 33X12.50X15 The flares are fiberglass ones from
BC broncos and the seats are a Craiglist special originally from a Mazda miata ;D . I am also going to run a pair of the same seats in the back . They fit perfect in between the wheel wells .

OP
OP
coupe66

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
I havent had it on the road yet but they are very comfortable to sit in . I dont plan on doing much crawling in this bronco so I didnt want seats with very tall sides on them . They are easy to get in and out of . And a added bonus is that some of them have speakers in the top of the headrest area . :cool:

gtown68

Loc.
Georgetown, Texas
Looks Good

Hey Robert-
Are you sure this is your first Bronco build? Looks like your an old pro at this. Nice job! From what little I can see, I like what you've done with the dash.
On mine, not sure I can see light at the end of the tunnel, maybe just a little glow. When mine gets a little further along I'll come over and check yours out in person. Got a few little pieces left to paint and then start re-assembly. Couple weeks or so.
Keep the pictures coming.
Gary

OP
OP
coupe66

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
Hey Robert-
Are you sure this is your first Bronco build? Looks like your an old pro at this. Nice job! From what little I can see, I like what you've done with the dash.
On mine, not sure I can see light at the end of the tunnel, maybe just a little glow. When mine gets a little further along I'll come over and check yours out in person. Got a few little pieces left to paint and then start re-assembly. Couple weeks or so.
Keep the pictures coming.
Gary

Hey Gary you dont have to wait until yours is done to come by just on over ;D . Hey did I buy a hood from you a while back one of those pictures in your gallery looks like the place off of IH 35 I picked up a hood a couple of months ago . As far as being an old pro I have been called worse :-X But I will admit I have been a autobody painter for abought 25 years now and have done alot of early mustangs but this is really my first bronco build . It is alot like a mustang except after the suspension was intalled I dont have to jack it up to get under it any more to work on it . ;)

OP
OP
coupe66

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
That looks beatiful... where is that roll cage from?

don't for get your vice grips: http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=july08013if5.jpg

The cage is from CompleteOffroad and as far as the vicegrip thats not the only one hanging of the bronco . It still hasnt made its first trip around the block . I will have to go all over it to make sure there isnt anything that is going to fly off when I take it out .

gtown68

Loc.
Georgetown, Texas
Hood

If the hood worked out for you, Yep, you got it from me.
If it was too rough and didn't work for you, then I don't know who that guy was that sold it to you was!

OP
OP
coupe66

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
If the hood worked out for you, Yep, you got it from me.
If it was too rough and didn't work for you, then I don't know who that guy was that sold it to you was!

Thats funny ;D

I never got into that hood I ended up with another fiberglass cowl hood .
Thanks Anyway !

OP
OP
coupe66

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
Looks great.Welome to the cut club.

Thanks
The first real clean bronco I had was a 66 uncut tub and I just coudnt see cutting it and I couldnt see me restoring a bronco back to the original look . I was driving a rusty 71 but it was cut and looked to cool, rust and all ;D
So I new that if I was going to put alot of work and money it was going to be lifted and cut !:cool:

OP
OP
coupe66

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
Now if I could only make up my mind on what color combination I am going to go with . I am thinking either solid Dodge Viper Red or red and black two tone.

OP
OP
coupe66

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
Seems like that's all I have been doing is taking my time . I think its time to stay off the sofa and get it finished up :cool: I am not getting any younger :eek: