• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally pulled the heater box

oldiron

Bronco Guru
After suffering for far too long with barely enough heat I decided to cure the problem. I had gone through all the usual steps; flush core, 192 degree t-stat, etc,etc,etc. Nothing really helped. Thursday I had to work late, and drove home at around midnight, it was around 30-35 degrees, cold all the way home. That was the last straw, so yesterday I pulled the heater box to see what was going on in there. Surprise surprise Its full of dirt dauber nests, left over mice nests, two ink pens, leaves, and dirt. Now I've blown this thing out with water and compressed air too many times to count, and these things are still intact.
I got it all cleaned up and re-sealed everything. Now I can cook a roast in the cab. I think I'm a little too excited about this, but sometimes it's the little things that bring so much joy.
Greg

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It’s amazing how the little things count.
I found a really old square nail, quarters, and a 22 shell casing. I think my bronco lived a lot in the AZ an CA deserts

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
My fan had a bad rattle until I pulled it apart and found a stick of gum still in its foil wrapper and hardened over time. A little gift from the PO. :p

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I think all your missing is .22 shells;D going to put a stock heater in mine soon, but since I got rid of the stock stuff going have to buy all of it:-[

OP
OP
oldiron

oldiron

Bronco Guru
I think all your missing is .22 shells;D going to put a stock heater in mine soon, but since I got rid of the stock stuff going have to buy all of it:-[
.22 shells were in the glovebox and ashtray..lol.