• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

First real issue with the New Bronco

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
So our 2022 Bronco 4dr. Black Diamond has been great! The wife loves it and I really enjoy driving it too. We have racked up about 7,000 miles since we got it in June. About a month ago we noticed the passenger side rear window would not go up with one touch of the bottom like all the other windows. Wasn't a big deal so kind of pushed it to the back of my mind. Well on Thursday my wife said that she had to "fix" the rear passenger window. Turns out the window is not dropping down or going back up like it is supposed to when you open the door. The window gets stuck on the outside of the weather stripping. This is only on the passenger side rear door. I looked into it on Bronco 6G forum and it appears it is a very common problem and mainly on the passenger rear door. A bunch of people tried a window operator reset, I tried that and no change others said disconnect the harness to the door and that didn't work. Looks like I am taking it back to the dealer!:mad: Looks like in many cases the window motor needs to be replaced!

My inlaws had a Mustang that would do this every now and then but it was usually due to low battery voltage. The car sat a lot and the battery was always dead. Charge it real good and drive it a few days and the windows would work fine. But my battery seems to be fine as the bronco is driven just about every day and all the other windows work just fine. Oh well I will post an update once I get it to the dealer.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
It's a job for sure, 3 or 4 hour job iirc. If you don't get it fixed, if you drive in a crosswind coming from the driver's side that are 30mph or higher it will suck that window out at the top about an inch or two. It's pretty alarming when it does it. Our 2D driver's side window did that lol.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
always gonna be something I guess. totally agree bout getting in for that fix.. make momma happy

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I really hate dealers. I called this morning and they cant even look at it for almost 3 weeks! I want to take it back to my purchase dealer just because its a warranty and there are people there, I know I can bitch at if something is not right! I may break down and try and take it to the dealer that is a little closer just to try and get it looked at sooner! And I know even after they look at it they will need to order parts and that will take another month to come in then schedule an appointment to install! Ugh! well at least it's not a blown motor right!

eBronc2

Contributor
Sell the 4 door soccer mom Bronco limo, and get a 2 door.

Problem solved.

ransil

Bronco Guru
my windows hangs on that door too, figured i'll schedule and oil change and warranty work at the same time, waiting to see what else might need attention

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I really hate dealers. I called this morning and they cant even look at it for almost 3 weeks! I want to take it back to my purchase dealer just because its a warranty and there are people there, I know I can bitch at if something is not right! I may break down and try and take it to the dealer that is a little closer just to try and get it looked at sooner! And I know even after they look at it they will need to order parts and that will take another month to come in then schedule an appointment to install! Ugh! well at least it's not a blown motor right!

Never fails. :(

FordFarmer

Contributor
If anybody finds a Ford service department worth a sh** let me know. Fuel gauge in my wife’s car quit working. I’ve spent $2k and they’ve tried to fix it twice. While expressing my frustration I commented to the service rep that I don’t like the idea of my wife running out of gas in Memphis and his response was “that’s not my problem.” WTF? With all the tech in new cars I feel that trips to the dealer are going to be more common. That fact alone has me really turned off at the idea of a new Ford. That being said. I’m glad y’all seem to be having fun with your new rides.

OP
OP
ep67bro

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Update on the window.
Took the bronco to the dealer yesterday. They looked at it right away and said they thought they could fix it. Called me up 3 hours later and said it was fixed. The window glass was out of alignment causing the motor to draw too many amps canceling out the auto up/down feature when opening the door. They realigned the window reprogrammed the motor and all is good. Will say it was one of the better dealer service experiences I have had in a long time.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
i have worked for a dealer for just about 40 years now....there are good and bad ones. It sucks getting stuff these days but no one knows their cars and trucks better than the factory trained techs. If a visiting owner comes to us.. we will schedule them to come in but people who bought from us take precedence....and they should

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
I wish I could say the same about my front window recall... I'm in that grouping that needs the window pulled, old glue scraped off, re painted and front window re attached. Going to take a few days to do... >mutters<

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Ours did that as well, took it to the dealer and had them fix it under warranty. The big issue I had was loss of power assist brakes, they'd either work partially or not at all. It's been at ford for over 30 days waiting for a replacement part that's on backorder