• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fishing Daze & EB Show Sandy Oregon

Brandon

Loc.
Sandy, Oregon
Okay mates here is what we have going on. Stan and I have decided to not do the yearly Wildwood gathering. So this year we thought, lets change it up a bit, and we talked to the owners of the Rainbow Trout Farm in Sandy. They are very excited to have our group of Early Broncos attend. This doesn’t mean we will not be returning to Wildwood in the future, just offering something different. We take great pride in hosting an easy going family friendly gathering that doesn’t keep the loved ones cooped up in the Bronco. It also allows all of us to catch up with others and meet new people. Plus you get some family time in, which is always good with momma and the kids.

Here is what you need to know:

The date July 9th 2011 from 10am to 8pm. Everyone who has a running road legal Bronco please bring it along with the family. It isn’t necessary to bring your Bronco as long as you have a good excuse ;D The owners of the trout farm are letting us use half their parking lot to park our mules, and the lot is next to a very large meadow with a few ponds for us all to hang out, chat, fish, cook, and eat. There is picnic tables scattered all over the place along with BBQs so you and the family can break away for a while if you wish.

The cost:

The cost varies, It is $5.00 per person admission. If you choose to fish the $5.00 entry fee is waived. There are 10 ponds to fish out of and all of them have a variety of sizes ranging from .50cent trout (six inch fish) to a $22.50 trout (twenty four inch fish). Everyone is responsible for paying for their own fish. Remember you can cook your kill there if you like so that you don’t have to bring it home unless you plan to smoke it, and they will clean the fish for you if you like aswell.

Other things to bring if you wish:

Camp chairs, shade tents, lunch items, cooler, bbq, briquettes, cooking utensils, soft drinks, bottled water (NO ALCOHOL & NO PETS). I know we have slaughtered a few beers in the past at other events but this one is going to be alcohol free. Thank you

There are a few small covered shelters here and there and picnic tables scattered all over, but it is nice to know you have a spot to sit if you wish to hang out by the ponds or in the middle of the meadow. Weather has been a real touchy subject here so that is why I suggested the shade tent. It can be 80 degrees and sunny one day and 52 and rain the next. I like to be prepared, have it and not need it, rather then need it and not have it.

Link to the Trout Farm for more Information and directions: http://www.rainbowtroutfarm.com/

If you have any questions please email Stan or myself Brandonbronco@aol.com

or

Stan68eb@yahoo.com

We hope to see you all there, and thank you. :cool:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
It sure does.... Hope everyone enjoys and y'all have some good weather for it.

Been too long since I been fishing

Chinook Pilot

Loc.
Gresham
I'll be there! Can't wait. Won't be bringing my 70 Sport though, as she's in a thousand pieces going through a frame off resto! But I'm very excited to come check out all of your rides! See ya Saturday.

OP
OP
B

Brandon

Loc.
Sandy, Oregon
I cant wait to see you guys there. Another thing that is nice about these gatherings is the people you meet and the info you can gather from others experiences. Not to mention strengthening our local EB crowd. Which comes in handy when one needs help down the road with projects or trades.