• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Floor pan replacement panels....

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Got a driver's side panel from one of the big EB houses. Cheapest I could find, but figured there are not too many sub-contractors making replacment floor panels and they would all be from the same die...

Well, needless to say, it does not fit very well. Either my EB driver's side cockpit is crooked (not likely) or this POS panel does not fit very well at all.

Anyone else run into this situation? Can anyone recommend a "very close to drop in" floor pan? I've got anothe rEB that needs the floor pans, and I do not want to go through this trouble again. Thanks.

jwh

I think most will say Dennis Carpenter for the best fit. I guess he uses the original Ford dies to make a lot of the sheetmetal (www.dennis-carpenter.com) I think JBG sells the Dennis Carpenter stuff as well. (the ribbed floor panels) I havent personally used them but from what I hear its as close as you will get. HTH.

jwh

Hobe

Loc.
N.E. TX
I used the stock replacement panels from JBG and they fit pretty well. I wouldn't say it was exactly a drop in but close enough.

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I just finished a drivers side floor pan from JBG. It was not a perfect fit. But it worked well. I would use JBG again for this if needed.

Nuke

Even if stamped from the original factory stamps, you will still need to work with it to get it to fit. Did you get the ribbed panels? Otherwise, you will need to put a dimple in for the body mount.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Pans

I bought some from Bronco Hut, but haven't even tried to fit them in yet. I know you don't want to bash anyone, but could you e-mail me at cdub37@msn.com and let me know? Mine are the ribbed kind like the originals.

OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Hmmmm, the panel was purchased from JBG....ribbed. Ordered another set for my new 77 (before I tried fitting this one). Maybe I got a bad one. I guess I will find out when the second set gets here.