• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Floor Pans, Body Bushings

kiteoregon

So i was reading up on the floor pan replacement here on the forums. I notice lots of people also address body bushings at the same time, so i am guessing it's because once the floor is out, it's "easier" to get to a couple of the mounts? Should i do this at the same time, what else should i be doing while i have the floor out?

I was thinking i would clean up the cross member supports if they are not shot (will check before removing pan), i was thinking i would clean and use a bit of the good ol POR 15 on the cross members. Thoughts?

What else do i need to fix while pans are out, obviously fuel line / break line when i cut them in half, anything else?

Eric.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
Most people go ahead and do the body bushings because they are shot. I would POR15 the center of the channels and use weld through primer on the upper edges. I would go ahead and twin stick it myself if I'm doing floor pans. Also don't forget the tab for parking brake underneath the driver seat and reuse the parking brake cable retainer on the upper driver side. If your pans don't have the hole for the retainer, measure it's placement before you cut the old pans out.

OP
OP
K

kiteoregon

I am unfamiliar with the "Twin Stick" terminology? Are you talking about changing two use dual sticks for independent control of the front and rear ends?

DrLathrop

Loc.
Fulshear, TX
Yeah, the twin stick conversion for your Dana 20 transfer case allows you some easier shifting into 4WD. It would be easy when the floors are cut out since access would be simple.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Honestly, the two body mounts under the floor pans are the easiest to replace so if you want to wait, wait. I'll be starting the floor pan replacement in my 67 in the next week or so. Good luck with yours!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
If you do the b. bushings be sure to cover the hole in the frame on the two midway withe the seat platform.It's just so you don't let anything get lost down in there.;D

OP
OP
K

kiteoregon

I would not cut on purpose, but things happen. Just have seen this happen to others.