• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

floor pans/body mounts

green75

Loc.
Silver Point
I need to replace my floor pans. I want to replace my stock rubber body mounts with poly. My question is , Should i replace my floor pans first, before pulling the body off or brace the tub lift it off and put in the poly bushing ,then put the tub back on and deal with pans?

suckerpunched

I did mine with the body on jack stands which some people would not recomend. It worked fine for me. If I was doing it on the frame, I would start with new mounts in place. Check your door alignment as you go, I had to block mine up under the rocker panels to support the body while the floor was cut out. You might have to do this too after the floor is out.

OP
OP
G

green75

Loc.
Silver Point
Thanks for the help! First bronco i've done and want to make sure i only have to do this once. My wallet (wife) doesn't like too many do-overs!