• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford Racing Crate Engine a good option?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Its pricey but a decent option. Also have to consider that your either going to have to change a lot of parts or buy new parts to put accessories on that engine as well as deal with flywheel/flexplate balance and size issues.

AZ73

Bronco Guru
The power/torque band is higher on their engines because they use the 303 cam. I was shopping for a new engine and spent a lot of time on the phone with them. They suggested I change the cam. Also they don't build the engines (it's not a factory crate engine). They DESIGN the engine, but it's built by an engine builder in Texas. You might want to consider ATK

http://high-performance-engines.com...?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ATK&Product_Code=HP78

2 year, unlimited mileage warranty. Probably need to change the cam also, but it's $3600. Note, it's 30 over so its actually a 306 so its similar in price to the Ford Racing 306.

Last edited:

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
hmmm.. you could go cheap and get a reman from autozone, they have a 3 year 36k warranty .. and the extra you save could be put towards other mods.. How often do you really need 350 plus horsepower in a bronco.. if a person uses that much power they after end up breaking lots of parts on the trail.. then again if you bog or climb dunes i can see the greater horse power needs..