• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ford Racing M-6007-X302 Crate Motor

David63

Has anyone put one of these motors in their Bronco? You can pick these up for around $3700. For the price, it seems like a pretty good deal for a long block built by Ford that comes with a warranty.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Just keep in mind that those engines are rebuilt engines So basically your getting a .030 over bore and aluminum heads while the price isnt bad you could rebuild your current engine and get some good heads for the same price or less.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If it comes with a warranty it might be a real good deal, if it's just someone else selling what they don't need, it's a wash, but you don't have to build it.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You also have to keep in mind that that warrentee requires you send the engine back to FRPP you have to deal with them not Ford. Then you would have to wait for them to determine if they will warrentee it or not. you may want to read the warrentee. All in all I doubt its any different from anybody elses warrentee. You basically have to prove it failed and that you maintained it properly.
All in all most warrentees on crate engines dont mean squat. IMO. your better off with a local shop at least then you can get direct contact and hopefully action.
Not saying that Ford racing is selling bad engines as I havent heard of any issues but they are just like any other crate engine out there. They are not built by Ford.

OP
OP
David63

David63

Thanks for the input. Still evaluating all my options and I will most likely pursue a 351 swap in the end. I've checked a couple Mustang boards and the only complaint I have seen on this engine is that some guys cannot get the advertised 340HP on the dyno. In all cases, it appears they did not have the correct top end setup to squeze all the performance out of the engine.

fablife

I've actually put a couple of the Ford Racing crate motors in Broncos. they are very good running motors, kinda dead at lower rpm due to the cam, but very strong, good running motors. The 2 I've done were carb'd. I think they are worth the money for sure, I'd perfer a different cam, but overall, a nice drop in. check out the current projects on my web page to see them...although I haven't updated my webpage in months....JD

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the input. Still evaluating all my options and I will most likely pursue a 351 swap in the end. I've checked a couple Mustang boards and the only complaint I have seen on this engine is that some guys cannot get the advertised 340HP on the dyno. In all cases, it appears they did not have the correct top end setup to squeze all the performance out of the engine.

I'd say yourt pretty much right. Every dyno is different and unless you use the exact parts they used when they tested then your going to get different results. There are all kinds of little things that can cause dyno runs to differ. Most likely they are in the range and getting 300+ hp anyways.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The other point is while I always prefer local, has anyone had bad dealings with real fomoco crate or rebuild? I know I've had bad dealings with local shops, but never with Ford.

bad 68

Loc.
Northest Washington
I am running a 1995 SVO crate 351W GT40 Iron heads. The engine was all new not rebuilt. It has not been on a dyno but was rated at 345 hp, 365 ft lbs. I think it might beat those numbers. I am basing that on my high 15 second quarter mile times.
The price at the time was only about $500 dollars more than if I had rebuilt my old 351 but my block was allready .040 over and cylinders were sloppy. No core charge is worth somthing.
Wich route you go depends on having a good core and having a good local shop.
I didn't have ether. I chose the crate engine.
P.S. I have a 4FTE block and iron heads. Some day it's gonna be a roller motor with aluminum heads.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
If you were closer to Delaware, I would make you a deal on mine. I have one still in the crate.

I have heard alot of good things from the Mustang crowd. They can end up being a better deal than paying someone to build yours.

Last edited:

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Can you get a 351W crate motor from Ford Racing these days? Looks like all they sell are stroked 351 based motors...

?:?

Miker

Bronco Guru
this is the motor

Has anyone put one of these motors in their Bronco? You can pick these up for around $3700. For the price, it seems like a pretty good deal for a long block built by Ford that comes with a warranty.

Too funny, I just now posted this thread of the very motor you referenced in your thread. It was new in 2006, never fired and I got a hellava' deal on it and the rest of unfinished project. I'm trying to see about getting it back in good shape on the outside. Not much help to ya' at this point, but I just thought the timing for the posts was interesting.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198990