• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FOUND IT!!! GOT IT!!! :)**Wanted**Tilt Column, Manual Tran**

Status
Not open for further replies.

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi,

I'm looking for a tilt column, non-automatic, manual transmission style tilt column. Any condition as long as it's rebuildable and affordable. If you've got one, know of someone with one, or saw one in a junk yard, please let me know.

Thanks and enjoy your Monday off!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

mattt

Bronco Guru
Finding a manual trans, tilt column is like finding hens teeth. You be better of buying an aftermarket one. I've never seen one in person, but I made one.

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Thanks, someone did offer one up but I still can't believe how much they wanted for the column. Even my computer thought it was a type-o!

Still searching,
Chris
taipeichris13@yahoo.com

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
what??? the flaming river columns aren't that much.. i guess it all depends on what you define as expensive. you might consider trying to find one out of a 78-79 fullsize. they are about the cheapest you might find, but might be auto. not sure how many were made with manual trannies.

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Guys,

Ok, so I'm still looking for my manual transmission/floor shift tilt column.

Anybody got a lead on one? I've found two so far this week, one on e-bay but his reserve is $400! The other is also just under $300.

So, yes that's more than I want to pay.

Please let me know if you know of one.

Thanks again,

Chris
taipeichris13@yahoo.com

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Hey why don't you just make your own ..I've made 2.. there was a good write up on here ...It's where I got my info from .. Or you could PM me and I'll call you and tell you how I did mine ..But I gave $35.00 for one of mine and about 60 for the other auto column removed the hard ware and ...I gave 125.00 for one off EBAY it was junk..the 3 clips in the bottom had been welded and where broke...
...DO some searching it's better than talking to me but don'e spend 400.00 on one it may be made with the EBAY Slease ..

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Papitt,
Thanks for the advice. I might just find and auto tilt and cut away. I just found another person on ebay who says they have a manual tilt column, and this guy wants a not so cool $550! Did I miss the part about these using gold wiring? Silly people!
C-

357Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Hampsha
I put an IDIDIT tilt, no shifter column in mine, and don't think it was as much as what the others are asking on e-bay. The shaft and u joints were a little pricey, but I have a literally brand new steering system from wheel to box. And never have to think about it again.

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Sounds nice. I was thinking about a new one since finding a good used one has been a pain in the butski but I'll keep searching. Don't think I'll have time to install it til July anyway. OH, got photos of the installed IDIDIT column? I'll like to see how far it goes up and down with the tilt.

Thanks!
Chris

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Grrr...almost.

But almost doesn't count, it's like saying I almost didn't ....

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Hey here are 2 columns I found on E-BAY PULL up these no.s one day left now about 125.00.....no.230349333680..........330338654573...........220402673309..
Also last night when we were talking on the phone I forgot to talk about the shifter arm ..Just pull the pin out of it and pull the handle out, then grind it off, I glued a piece of thick paper to the inside, then filed the hole with JB Weld and sanded it off smooth ..worked great ..No need to buy a coller ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Papit,
It was great talking to you, really apprecitate that you called. So I hit ebay hard and then did alot of Google searches for junk yards...

Are you ready, I think I might have found one! They guy said he has a late 70's truck that was very nice in their salvage yard. He remembers pulling the stick trans and power steering from it for another customer and thought it had tilt but it was closing early on Saturday and he couldn't go check. It was out in the back part of their yard.

When I asked he said...well since nobody ever calls on those old ford trucks he's glad someone wants the parts. So if he pulls it it's $150 or if I pull it it's $130 but since it's used it's sold as is.

Sounds like I might be going on a trip to the dessert next week!

Don't think I'll sleep tilt Monday after I find out....

Bronco73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
The 79 and down model truck manual tilt columns are like gold as you have found out. The people out the that own a 79 or older model truck like to have this column and it is very hard to find in most parts of the country. I have never run across one in any parts truck I had seen in a yard or bought. The 79 and older truck group is what sets the price on these columns. Good luck with your search. Hope you find one when you go look at that parts truck.

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
I got it! And for only $150!!! I guess all those hours looking online finally paid off!
:)

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
That cool I love it when a plan come together ..I wish I'd told you to get both halves of the plug in ...But that can be fixed ..Now connect one wire at a time and see where it blinks..

Status
Not open for further replies.