• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Frame-Off progress pics--It Rolls!!

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Ive been hard at work sandblasting and painting for the last couple of months and Ive finally gotten both axles rebuilt and the new suspension installed. So I thought Id post a few pics just to show off.

Front axle with chevy discs installed (No calipers yet so I can keep the rotors from rusting):

Attachments

• rust bullet 005.jpg
    rust bullet 005.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 241
OP
OP
agent_orange_71

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Wow, that took a while on dialup. Jaxlax even got a reply in before I finished. Ive still got some steering and tracbar issues to work out once I get some weight on it, as well as intalling some bumpstops on the rear and getting the rear springs compressed enough to put the new shocks on.

But it rolls again!

Attachments

• rolling chassis 008.jpg
    rolling chassis 008.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 219

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Looking good ! I'm starting to like those silver frames. It is a good thing you finally got that picture posted with the suspension in. I just came back to ask if you were posting those pictures one pixel at a time ;D .

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking great. That Duff blue sure looks swell with the silver. Love the colors so far. Keep us posted as you go. Were you using POR-15, Rust Bullet, or paint???

Blue71

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
really nice work! just like 2bad, the silver is starting to wear on me as well. How much lift is that, and I to wondered about if its rustbullet or por15 on the frame?
thanks
Ben

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Sorry, little quick on the draw %)

Hey, but seriously I love the safety pole...quality engineering ;D

Attachments

• safetypole.jpg
    safetypole.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 178

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
were you going to do a TRO? Looks good with the RB, how did you apply it?

elkarcher

Bronco Guru
That looks familiar. I am in the same spot just different color. Looks good though.

OP
OP
agent_orange_71

agent_orange_71

Loc.
Bluefield, WV
Thanks for all the compliments guys. The paint is rust bullet, I just brushed it on. It isnt perfect but it still looks really nice i think. The lift is a 2" kit up front from Duff and the rear is 2" leafs from JBG (Im not in love with them at the moment).

Skuzzelbutt--the tierod is only temporary, as I havent worked out which steering setup im going to use. Maybe TRO, I dunno. It depends on exactly how much lift I end up with. Its just there to keep the wheels from going opposite directions while I put the front axle under it.

Jaxlax--I like the pole too! Thats my dad's idea to keep my mother from opening the door of her new 4runner into the steel pole in the middle ;D