• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Free set of Explorer stripes....

Broncitis

MEB Founder
...To anyone who will loan us their Bronco for a day to take measurements so we can add these to round out our offering of reproduction Bronco stripe kits. We currently make the Ranger and Special Decor kits, but have had some requests for the Explorer kits as well.

If you live near central PA, that would be the best. If not, maybe we can meet up at the Bronco Driver Super Celibration in April or another event.

Please email me at drew@earlybroncos.com of you can help us out.

Stripes we are looking for can be seen on the blue Bronco here: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86338

Thanks,
Drew

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
NOW your going to say it's suppose to be symmetrical too. ;D leave's me out....can't use the iron bear? %)

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
NOW your going to say it's suppose to be symmetrical too. ;D leave's me out....can't use the iron bear? %)

Well...The nicer the better, but as long as they are original stripes I can get the info I need.

I'd have to scrape 10 layers of paint (at least two that look brushed on!) off Iron Bear to see if there were any under there! ;D

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Drew, this may not be the place to ask but any chance you might start offering the hood stripe from the ranger kit by its self? I think you could sell quite a few.

OP
OP
Broncitis

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Drew, this may not be the place to ask but any chance you might start offering the hood stripe from the ranger kit by its self? I think you could sell quite a few.

If there was enough interest (and pre-orders), the next time we have a run done we could have some seperate hood pieces made.

As it is now, they are made in complete sets, so we will not break up a set.

To just run the hood at this point requires the setup for the vinyl and the screen printing. To justify the setup costs, multiples need to be made.

I will check our inventory to see when we may be doing another run of Ranger kits....

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
FAIR enough, good luck with your quest....;)

tmacstickman

That will be agreat addition Drew. I will strongly consider a set if I keep my 69. Good luck.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
If there was enough interest (and pre-orders), the next time we have a run done we could have some seperate hood pieces made.

As it is now, they are made in complete sets, so we will not break up a set.

To just run the hood at this point requires the setup for the vinyl and the screen printing. To justify the setup costs, multiples need to be made.

I will check our inventory to see when we may be doing another run of Ranger kits....[/QUOTE

I understand the limits with using large format vinyl like that and how many would need to be made to make up for all the waste. I am very limited on cash right now but I at one time I would have pulled the trigger on a hood stripe or two quick. If you do not mind researching costs I would be interested at some point in the future.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I'm very glad to see you doing this! Now someone can fully restore a '76 Explorer and do it about like it came from the factory. But mine will always be modded and without the stripes as long as it's mine. :cool:

wareaglebronc

Loc.
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Man I am dying to get a set of stripes to put on my 76 Explorer. It has gone through paint no and all I lack is the stripes! I wish that I had known you needed one to map out before i left for Iraq and I would have gladly tried to find a way to get you mine! It has gone through paint now though and is ready to be striped, hopefully before I get back home next month. I think that the guys that have mine doing the work on while I am over here may have mapped mine out before they sanded and prepped to paint it. I will call them and see if they did and if so give you the info to see if it may help. I really hope that they did.