• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fresh Air Vent Letting in Water

Show Links

Loc.
Bakersfield
I've been hunting down a water leak in the cab pooling under the dash and believe I have found part, if not all, of the problem. The passenger side vent is not seated correctly as shown in the picture below. Please note, I capped off the internal air flow to make more room for aftermarket a/c, so the passenger side air vent is not functional.

I've read through the post on this same problem, but have a few questions before moving forward. I considered simply removing the vent and capping off, but I am concerned that water would enter hood at the vent, pool and have no place to go. My second option, and most preferred, is to use some type of gasket sealer, drill pilot holes and tighten down vent to cowl.

Is there anyone that has dealt with this type of water leak problem with similar solution?

Thanks for any help.

Rob

Attachments

• 20160424_054721.jpg
    20160424_054721.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 47

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
It drains out into the passenger inner fender. Your leak is likely from the window hinge seal. The air box enters the cab from the inner fender so the only way water gets in from there is water sprayed from the tires. Try some gasket material on the inside around where the vent comes in, but as said that's probably not where your leak is coming from.