• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Friday Drivin

nathan_1970

All I know is it's Friday which means I drive my bronco to work and that's awesome. I drive my fuel efficient car the rest of the week but Fridays/weekends are for Broncos. What do you think?

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
I say, why not make it a daily driver? Is the amount your saving on gas worth the cost of the second vehicle? :)

A bad day driving a Bronco is better than a good day driving a car. Keep on truckin...

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

I bought my bronco with 40k original miles on it and it's in real good condition. I just want to put miles on it when I want to not because I have to. So for now the weekends are for Bronco driving and weekdays are for boring commuter car rack up the mile driving. I do like your saying though

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Ah, that makes complete sense. Mine is in no way near any perfect condition so I don't mind putting the miles on it. If I had one that was more of a restored original version, I'd preserve the miles as well.

Enjoy your Friday Drivin!!

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Drove mine to work today as well. I try to take it 2 or 3 days a week but have been trying to debug my handling. It wonders a bit.
I am down to rebuilding my steering box or changing my linkage.

I also ran my milage today... 11 MPG with 4.11 gears 33" tires and EFI

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

Right now I'm running 30's (to small). I hope to be running the same stats as you especially the EFI part.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I like to drive mine to work sometimes also but it doesn't get very good mileage and only holds 14gals. My F-250 gets close to 20 mpg and holds 30gals so I drive it most days.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Drove mine to work today. I try to drive it to work once a week. It has been so bloody hot on the east coast I have not been driving it much.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I used to do exactlly that - drive my Bronco to work on Fridays. Now that I have a home based office I can't drive it to work - even if I go into the real office! Sounds weird I know but my company's safe driving policy won't allow it. If I drive from my home office to the real office (~25 miles one way) it's now considered a "business trip" and as such all the company's safe driving policies are in effect. They have minimum standards for vehicles which include third brake light, anti-lock brakes and airbags. Thus EBs don't qualify. Kind of frustrating as I'd like to drive the Bronco to work on nice days. :mad:

77 Ranger

Loc.
Piedmont, OK
I'm ready to get back into mine. I've got issues with the fuel mileage as well as far as daily driving, but Friday's and weekends are going to be much more fun here in a few weeks.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i like having a daily driver too, and using my bronco for events (like tomorrow, 130 miles round trip), and pleasure.

OP
OP
nathan_1970

nathan_1970

My Bronco is probably the worst bumper to bumper vehicle out there...Three on the tree no radio/ac. The only thing that is entertaining in traffic is my 40 series flowmaster exhaust which is all the base I need.