• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front driver turn signal not working but all other lights are.

dgamos1

Loc.
Peachtree Corners, G
The front driver turn signa lightl is not working but all other lights are. A The other three turn signal lights, all four flasher lights, including front driver side. All market lights, head lights, etc. Based on my wiring diagram, the column front left (driver's side) turn signal guess directly to front turn signal lights and then daisy chains from there to back to signal. If that's the case, how can the front not be working?? I already clean and confirmed all four signal light grounding points are good. I guess power may be separate for signal vs hazard. There's only two wires to turn signal light so I'm not sure how the blinking party of switch powers the larger bulb filaments, but I know it works when hazard switch is turned on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

David-
74 Bronco Sport, auto trans, power steering, WH front disc brakes, new 302 crate motor, Holley Sniper fuel injection.

JSBX

Contributor
Google search 74 bronco steering column wiring harness. It will bring up several post that will help you out. Need to use a test light and check power on the green-white wire coming from the steering column harness with the left blinker on. Check at the half moon plug this should narrow it down.

OP
OP
D

dgamos1

Loc.
Peachtree Corners, G
Thanks much JSBX. There's no power to the green white wire when I turn the left hand turn signal on. I metered the blue white wire while I had the right hand turn signal on and got voltage. I did this just to double-check myself and my meter.

What do you recommend for next step to get it working? Pull the steering wheel and check/ clean the turn signal contacts? Let me know what you recommend.

JSBX

Contributor
Did you check both sides of the connector to eliminate the connector If so it could be the switch or a bad wire from the switch to the connector but yes I would get to the switch and check it out.