• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front End Off to one side

Jerrod4567

Loc.
Bakersfield CA
OK, so I'm looking at the front end of my 66 Bronco today and notice that one tire is out much farther than the other. I get under it and sure enough one shock is almost straight up and the other is tilted. It is the drivers side that is sticking out farther. The only thing I found that sets where the front end sits is a non adjustable Panhard bar. Now I know my bronco has a small susupension lift and after pndering it awhile I determind that as the suspension is lifter the panhard bar is pulled futher placing it at a greater angle thefore shortening it and pulling the front end over to the drivers side.

Now here is my question. What do I do about it? How do you guys get around this? I would hate to see what a 5" suspension lift would do to it. Does anyone make an adjustable Panhard bar etc???? Thanks for any help!

OP
OP
Jerrod4567

Jerrod4567

Loc.
Bakersfield CA
[quote author=67EB_in_619 link=board=5;threadid=20473;start=0#msg157652 date=1059279580]
Adjustable trac bar? I had this problem too.. for me.. the right side was out too far.. the track arm is what cetners the axle under the frame.. if yours is adjusable... adjust it.. if not.. and you recently added a lift.. you may need a drop bracket or adjustible arm.

BC Broncos:
http://www.bcbroncos.com/tracbar-adjustable.gif

mine isn't adjustable. I just bought the Bronco it came this way. So basically I am right as to why its like this?
One question though. Why did yours push the tire out to the passenger side? was your bar mounted on the opposite side as mine or what? Thank you for the info.

[/quote]

67EB_in_619

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego
The trac bar mounts to the frame on the drivers end and to the axle on the passenger end... it is what is responsible for centering the axle under the bronco.

If it is stock, then as you lift a bronco (suspension lift), the arm will get more vertical and less horizontal... it will get 'shorter' in a sense... so since the mounting points stay the same.. and the bar get 'shorter' the axle will shift over and stick out more on the left....

If you have an adj trac or drop bracket.. you can correct this be increasing the 'length' of the bar and pushing the axle back in place to the right more so it is centered.

So if you have a lift and no drop bracket and no adj arm.. this is likely it... measure from frame to axle to see if it is centered.. if it isnt cenetered.. this is the problem.. if it is centered.. its somethign else.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
If your Bronco has a drop pitman to go with its lift you should use the drop bracket for the track bar. If not, get an adjustable track bar.
The drop bracket is cheaper than the ATB.
The drop bracket should be welded if you don't want it to break off while you're driving :(
I doubt you have a drop pitman arm. I'm mentioning the pitman arm 'cause it's best to keep the drag link and the track bar parallel. If you drop one, drop the other.