• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front Fender Bolt Size Question

brutis72eb

Bronco Guru
Loc.
South Carolina
does anyone know the size and thread pitch of the front fender bolts that fit the clips? i dont want to buy them from a bronco vender b/c i can just go pick them up at a hardware store for alot cheaper and i cant find any of the originals to compare. thanks guys.

twisted_mr

Loc.
Calion, AR
5/16" x 1 ......they have a shoulder on the head side which makes them hard to find, a flat washer should sub ok. As for the pitch it is whatever is standard for a 5/16 bolt (11 or 13 can't remember)

72Sport

Bronco Guru
5/16-18. Stainless steel button heads work well for replacements. Also add some Permatex anti seize to the threads before installation. You might want to remove them someday.