• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Front seat belt bolt hole locations?

Redbark

Contributor
I'm looking for someone to post the measurements of the front seat belt inner bolt hole locations. It looks like my '68 may have originally had a bench seat, and I will be going with stock buckets. I'm sceptical that the location of the inner seat belt holes are in the correct place for buckets. It seems they should be more towards the outside edge of the seat. I could be wrong;D. The holes currently measure 4 1/4" inside of the body mount bolts. Thanks.

P1000923_zps69p4aeik.jpg

Bdhand

Contributor
I am in the same boat as you so I hope someone will post this info. I had a bench in my 66 but I am going buckets as well. I also need the measurements for the rear seat belts as well. My 66 did not come with a rear seat so I added one. now I need to know where to put the seat belts.

slim811

Well 1st I used the "bighoov" custom made seat bracket which gave me back 4 inches from stock location. Then used the hole from the bulkhead, but that seems to missing on Redbark rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Redbark

Contributor
Thanks for the responses. The Tom's diagram doesn't have what I need. To be clear, I'm looking for the correct location of the inner seat belt mounting holes for bucket seats, not the location of the seat mount. I have the seat figured out.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
This is a 1968 Ford drawing, doesn't give measurements but looks to me like the seat belt hole locations are the same for bench or bucket

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 203

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Bdhand here's a 68 back seat, hope it helps

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 126

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Here are some pics from my rebuilt tub.
I snapped a line from the front edge of the rear door posts. You can see it in the pic.

The outer holes are 10 1/2" forward of the rear fender buts, 2 1/2" inboard of the floor edge.
Slightly behind the snapped line, you can see it in the pic.

The inner seat belt holes are 2 3/8" forward of the door post edge datum, equally centered in the middle of the tub, 7 3/4" apart.

Attachments

• IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1111.jpg
    IMG_1111.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 162
OP
OP
R

Redbark

Contributor
Nailed it Wyflyer! That's exactly what I wanted. Just for comparison, my two inner seat belt holes are centered in the middle of the tub as you describe, but 18" apart. I'll be moving those holes to the location you describe.

Thanks again.