• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel Fill Ideas

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I'm looking for pics of modified fuel fillers. Anyone who has moved their stock fuel doors or filler, I'd be interested in seeing some pictures and hearing some experiences. Thanks.

thumper

Loc.
Bountiful, Utah
I don't have a picture, but i have a BC Bronco 23 gal tank in the back and I extended the fill hose up to the hole where the back support for the old hard top went. I ran it up there and frenched in a lockable cap and trimmed a spring loaded door down to fit the opening so you can fill it from the top down. It worked out pretty cool.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I don't have a picture, but i have a BC Bronco 23 gal tank in the back and I extended the fill hose up to the hole where the back support for the old hard top went. I ran it up there and frenched in a lockable cap and trimmed a spring loaded door down to fit the opening so you can fill it from the top down. It worked out pretty cool.

That sounds pretty slick! Posts some pics when you can.

Mysterlights bronco had the filler tube mounted behind a swivling brake light.

I also saw someone put one in the door post but I'd be worried about fumes getting into the cab.

The only others iIve seen have been the motorcycle gas cap/bung mod.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
fuel fill

I cut a fuel door out of a rice burning pickup truck. It had pretty much the same contours as the bronco. I moved it up as haigh as possible and back towrd the rear as far as I could. Left me more room for flares on teh rear.

Had to cut and replace the inside sheet metal and make a cover.

Last edited:

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
I moved my rear fuel fill and added a front one. I put aftermarket locking doors on both, moved them to miss my flares, and built new pockets for them. I think you can see some pictures of the finished product in my gallery. Good luck!

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bronco driver : issue 15 ; may/jun 2005

Motorcycle mod , unfortunatly you have to have a Ricer name stamped on the side of your CLASSIC AMERICAN IRON ! :)

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
you should talk to BRONKEN, he has a real trick fill setup on his bronco. 3 tanks fill from one fuel door if i remember correctly.

OP
OP
72_EB

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about! :) I'm looking to smooth out the rear quarter of all gas caps. Might be adding some BC guards on there too, so something inside the bed (not ideal) or like Mystery Lights' would be the ticket. Thanks for the link and pictures. I hadn't seen that rig. WOW.