• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gas Cap

BroncoBub

Anybody know of a gas cap the fits 75 Bronco that covers and hides the stock filler neck screws? Pictures sources?

Thanks, Bub

fluffybunny

Contributor
My quarters have bondo cracks around the screws so I got a $3 chrome plumbing flange, dremeled the inside hole larger, scuffed, primed/painted, and installed using 3M double back tape. Good thing I already had the primer, paint, and tape or I would have spent more than the cost of that gas cap.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221123-090058_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20221123-090058_Gallery.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 39

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I run a couple of flip open 68 Dodge Charger gas caps. I had to dremel out the center of the mounting ring to fit over the stock Bronco neck. IIrc I had to redrill some of the holes in the mounting ring to use the stock Bronco screw locations. I think 69 & 70 caps look similar, but have the word "FUEL" on the cap.

I first used one of these off a junkyard Charger on a 64 Falcon back in the 70s. I got a kick when I realized that they'd also work on the Bronco. I like not having to worry about losing a gas cap.

68 style:
MB-FC068__40654.jpg

MB-FC068_2__58415.jpg

MB-FC068_1__11182.jpg

69-70 style:
images.jpeg.jpg

Stock on the Charger they used a big splash ring around the cap, but I run the caps without that outer ring.
1968-dodge-charger-fuel-cap-milica-ljevaja.jpg

A Google search for "1968 Dodge Charger gas cap" brings up several sources.

Last edited: