• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

getting fuel pump on

pistolpete837

Loc.
Bear Creek, NC
the fuel pump on my 76 EB with a 302 went out the other day and i went to change it out but there is no room to work and get those 2 bolts out so it took about a hour to get the old one off but there is not enough room in there to get the new one on so do i have to take the whole power steering off to get it the new pump on?

Lakeman77

It's do-able, you just have to manuver from the top and bottom. I was lucky last year when my pump went out at Tellico and Broncomarc gave me a spare and had it changed out in 10 minutes. Once you get the new pump in, be sure to use an extention on your socket wrench to get the bolts back in. it makes the job much easier.

Paco

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
Not to hijack, but...... if you put an electrical pump in, what do you do w/ the mechanical one? Pull it and cap it? Leave it there and plug the lines?

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
I was able to get my new one in with the PS Pump where it was, It was tight but doable.
Paco....You can just cap it off if you go with an electric pump.