• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Getting new insurance - how much should I say it's worth?

Ksm

Bronco Guru
This seems like an annoying question to ask but oh well. I need a new insurance policy for the Bronco and they want to know the agreed value. I have no idea and while researching there's such a wide range of Frankenstein-ed Bronco's out there I can't figure out a price.

It's an uncut 1968 Bronco Sport with the chrome package. I haven't lifted or added anything to make it a rock crawler. The front floor panels were replaced. It's getting a nice paint job right now - not completely frame off but it's almost completely taken a part. What else? New Geolander tires. 80K miles.

The only weird thing about it is that it was converted to an automatic (I know a lot of you are banging your head on the keyboard :cry:).

I can post pictures later but it's all in my garage gallery.

Any idea what I should tell them?

BRONCROB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WISNER LA.
There is a link or thread on here that will help you figure out what it is worth....I couldn't find it.I would also look at the broncos for sale and find one close to what you have.

OP
OP
Ksm

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the link, that helps immensely.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I see that the link posted above is from 2006.............any thoughts on updating prices to the current market?

matts70

Loc.
Northwest Indiana
It's an agreed price, so they have to agree to it too. Do they want a recent picture of the vehicle? Oftentimes, they do. Start with nada.com Classic Car values. That's probably the main source your insurance company will use. If it looks good and the pictures reflect that, suggest average retail. They will either say yes or no. Go from there.

strokers

I see that the link posted above is from 2006.............any thoughts on updating prices to the current market?

i did a rough add up of all the values and even if you install detroits and lockrites it would only be 14k a little low

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I had no problems getting mine insured for $25K. Is it worth that? Doubt it but I've easily got that much in it. I figure even if I were to get $15K in a total loss after showing receipts and such I'd be okay. The prices are up lately.