• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ghetto fabulous dome light

Nightstick

Bronco guy
A few weeks ago I was perusing the aisles at Chinazone and came across these LED strip lights. They had a test button on them, so I tried em out, and they are pretty freakin bright, so I thought I could use them as a dome light in the trail rig. They come in quite a few different colors (white, blue, red, yellow, green, etc) but the white made sense for a dome light.

I wired them up yesterday, and they are awesome! The back of them has some super sticky 3M tape, so I just stuck them to the roll cage. I wired them to a switch on my dash, got power from the acc fuse panel, and grounded to the cage. If you're in need of some interior lights I recommend them. Here's a pic for ya

Attachments

• photo (24).jpg
    photo (24).jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 105
  • photo (25).jpg
    photo (25).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 180

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
There is a thread on pirate for led lights a string of 20 lights for 26 bucks shipped. Bright as Hell work Damn good. And cheap enough to not worry about knocking them off in a rock light setup. Used. Them on buggy build. I will see if I can dig up info and pics

OP
OP
Nightstick

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I think they were $25ish for the two strips and have around 10 per strip. You could use them for rock lights like Evil said or maybe even a third brake light if you wanted to. I was thinking about getting red ones for underneath, but white would obviously work better for rock lights.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
There is a thread on pirate for led lights a string of 20 lights for 26 bucks shipped. Bright as Hell work Damn good. And cheap enough to not worry about knocking them off in a rock light setup. Used. Them on buggy build. I will see if I can dig up info and pics

I wanna get me some rock lights set up here sooner or later... thanks man