• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Giving credit to a vendor where it's due

Dawg_enD

Tom's Bronco Parsts, specifically. Two weeks ago I ordered a AODE crossmember from them. They said they'd have it to me in 2 days. The 2 days passed and it wasn't there, but no big deal. I had a really busy week ahead of me, then staying in North Bend, WA for a class for the next week.

Well, I got home yesterday and found that it hadn't showed up. The thing is, I needed it the next day (today) to get some work done before I leave the country for 2 weeks.

So far it's a vendor mistake, right? Well, everyone makes mistakes. What counts is minimizing them, and how you recover from them. I got hold of a fella at Tom's and they admitted that they'd missed sending the order otu somehow. I explained my situation to them and asked them to next day mail the crossmember and they agreed. I didn't have to whine, beg or yell, they just did it.

So, a bit "Nice job" to Tom's Bronco Parts. The crossmember is sitting to my left right now, and I'll be working on the Bronco this evening like I'd planned.

-Mike

yak67

Bronco Guru
yep, a good group of people to deal with, never had any problems with them

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Tom's have been good to me also. Except when I orderd my tie rod ends I order the short one instead of the long one, my own dumb fault. I even gave the guy who bought my other bronco their mag so he could buy parts from them (only one I could find at the time).

gladrich

I'm with you. They are always great to deal with. Parts always seem to be shipped right away, they return phone calls and emails quickly and they even answer my stupid questions without making me feel too stupid! Oh and they send a beer cozy with their emblem and Bronco picture on it and a sweet color catalog! It's great to be treated like a customer! Tom's Rocks!