• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good Boneyards in SE Michigan

dnash

Loc.
The home of Ford
Can anyone out there tell me of some good boneyards in SE Michigan. Also are they u-pull or do they pull the parts for you. Maybe we should start a thread that just lists good boneyard finds.

barrelroll

Loc.
Marquette, MI
I havn't been junk yard diving in troll land yet, up in the UP there's not a whole lot of good yards either. I think most of them legally won't let you in the yard because of liability. Most of the "good finds" in the UP are personal collections that arn't really technically junk yards. Most of my junk comes from my buddies and their collections.

Depending on what your looking for www.car-part.com is good for later model stuff. Also if you want to travel PM me for a couple really cheap u-pull it's around chicago. Also depending on what your looking for I might know some one that has it hiding in their yard in the UP

Classic broncos is probably your best bet for used bronco parts. Trying to find EB's, jeep's, fj40's, and other off road stuff in a big junk yard is pretty hard, they are usually rusted into the ground or a huge pile if they are there.

OP
OP
D

dnash

Loc.
The home of Ford
Thanks barrelroll. I am trying to plan some of the conversion stuff, such as power steering, brakes, duraspark... Most of my stock parts are in decent shape. I think most of this can come from non-EB's. I wish I had planned ahead a little to when I picked up my EB in Chicago a couple of months ago.

barrelroll

Loc.
Marquette, MI
I've got budies with junk collections, let me know what your looking for and I'll give you a couple phone #'s. Usually there's some one headed from marquette to troll land pretty often.

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Where you at in SE Michigan? I am over by Monroe. There are a few good yards over here I could direct you to that would have the stuff your looking for. No EB's in any yards around here, except mine:cool:

edgeoffroad04

im always on the look out for some good yards to go to also. either they are heavily picked over or have nothing i can use.....if anyone has any suggestions for good yards in SE michigan or ohio im all ears!
Edgeoffroad04