• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Good things come to those who wait!

Canuck

Loc.
Corunna Ontario
I ,ve been wanting to put an overdrive tranny in my 74 for some time now. looked at a few , price was usually to steep. I just got a 4r70W that was just rebuilt out of a wrecked 94 F150 with the adapter,torque converter....$400 cash.
now looking for a NP205. also need a Bauman computer

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
I ,ve been wanting to put an overdrive tranny in my 74 for some time now. looked at a few , price was usually to steep. I just got a 4r70W that was just rebuilt out of a wrecked 94 F150 with the adapter,torque converter....$400 cash.
now looking for a NP205. also need a Bauman computer

what adapter?

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
I dont think it requires an adapter to go from a 4R70W to a 205. Standard circular pattern and 30 spline shaft. Atlas, 205, stak are all bolt on as long as the 4R70W has the 4WD tailshaft.

Was the F150 4wd?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
I think thats what he's refering to it s a 4wd version. Which is not really a adpater its just how the tailshaft housing is.
Not to bad only another $700 or so to go.

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
Not to bad only another $700 or so to go.

ah yes, I remember thinking that ;D I spent $150 on the 4R70W itself and over 3 grand on the conversion. OK - 2k of that was Atlas but there's the shifter, transmission cooler, new drive shafts, computer, wiring harness, new hard lines and adapters, temp gauge, TPS if retrofitting to carb, etc etc

OP
OP
Canuck

Canuck

Loc.
Corunna Ontario
Yes ,I am refering to the tail piece as an adapter. There are alot of 70,s ford doner vehicles in this area so a 205 should be an easy find. Procrastination day today!!!! got to find a 205 , got to love a nice income tax return!