• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got a quote from the Line x dealer

tampabronco

The dealer quoted me $700 to Line x the interior, tailgate, rails and bed. Thought it would come in between $450-$550

What did everyone else pay?

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
Thats where id expect them to come in at. And i also second the raptor-x. Its so easy to spray, and you could tell everyone that its line x, they would never know.

Im sure that line x will be much stonger and durable, but cant say for sure. I did my underside with raptor-x but havent given it much of a test period yet. I would love to do a side by side comparison test with a screwdriver!!!!

PlaneDrvr99

Loc.
Norman, Oklahoma
I have heard a lot of great things about the raptor kit. All the research I have done shows not one person yet who has said they were not satisfied with the results.

I plan on using it on my build....

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Price sounds about right. Comes with a good warranty too. From what I have seen of Raptor its a good DIY alternative. I used SEM Pro-tex and I'm happy with it though its a bit more $$ than the Raptor kit.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Don't forget that Line-X won't necessarily cover it! Might wanna inquire about their warranty and how it pertains to a Bronco. %)

LeSpade

Contributor
Loc.
Houston
Raptor questions:

Once you start using a bottle, do you have to continue using it until its emtpy or can you set it down and start again the next day?

How do you clean the gun/sprayer?

Will four cans cover the entire interior of a bronco?

dlong

Loc.
Las Vegas
Yea that is a bit high...I got mine done last year here in Vegas for $500 out the door and they sprayed from under the dash to the tail gate

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Here is my short experience with Line-X. I believe mine had much more to do with the dealer who installed it rather than the product. I actually peeled the whole thing out by hand. No tools,...nothing. When I showed it to them, they said that Line-X only covers "truck beds" and that mine would not be covered. So much for a "lifetime warranty"...I had both the inside and underside done. Both peeled right out.

Attachments

• DSC_0373.jpg
    DSC_0373.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC_0371.jpg
    DSC_0371.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0372.jpg
    DSC_0372.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_0367.jpg
    DSC_0367.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0366.jpg
    DSC_0366.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC_0359.jpg
    DSC_0359.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 102

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I did mine from behind the dash out over the tail gate and over the sides, both sides of the bulkhead,winch bumper, rear bumper with tire carrier and a storage box for the back for $1100. I think the guy thought he did it too cheap when he had finished.

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
I think mine was $650 to do the interior from the firewall all the way back to the tailgate, up over the rails, and also down over my rock sliders. I didn't get the UV topcoat on that. I think they said that would have added about $100 or so. So, price sounds pretty good.

tw322

There was another thread on Bronco tech yesterday regarding this same topic. Some of the guys posted their pictures of the Raptor x and pretty much sold me on it because I will be doing my interior soon. You should take a look at it.

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
4 cans, or 1 kit, of raptor will more than cover the entire interior and over the rails a bit. You can buy the kit with a gun for the same price as without so most people just throw them out. I throw some acetone in the last bottle I spray and it cleans the gun out just fine. Once a bottle is mixed it will start to harden so you need to spray it. The nice thing is there a re 4 bottles so you can use it 1/4 at a time.

I can't recommend Raptor enough and I'm picky as hell

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Had the bed of my 03 Ranger done in 03 I think it was about $425 so your price sounds about right. At the time Linex was the only company that would do over the bed rails so thats why i went with them. but other wise it has help up good do have a few chips in the bed from a engine rolling around in the back but it hasnt peeled.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
SEM Pro-tex.... His is a good product too, as a DIY. Beware, prep..prep..prep

Greg_B

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cohutta, GA
I have linex in my F150... my co worker has a product called "extreme" liner and a friend has the raptor liner. We put them all side by side and they all had a very similar finish and from 10 feet you couldnt tell the difference. Up close however you could see the raptor was much thinner and felt "harder" if that makes sense. Both the Linex and Extreme had more of a plastic or a slight bit of rubber feel while the raptor was very hard like a shell... hard to describe... :p

Anyway... I got Line X sprayed in my F150 for $450... The Extreme was $375 and the Raptor cost my buddy right at $200 because he paid someone to spray it who had done it several times.

All three truck beds were crew cab beds so they were small...

My thought was the raptor was a great option if you are trying to save a few bucks but in the end I think the others would be more durable... if you even need more durable. It may be more than good enough for most applications. It does look very good.

Greg

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The last two Bronc interiors I had Line-X do each cost me 700...10 years ago.

Unfortunately..now that shop is closed and the nearest is over an hour away from me. But I'll still go there rather than risk a DIY product. Line-X rules IMO.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Line X is pretty stout stuff.. all depends on your budget man..