• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got Fuel?? sometimes yes sometimes no???

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
So I finally got the bronco running and it ran fine for about 50 miles or so. I have two tanks but since I dont have the gauge hooked up I dont know which one I am running on. Went to leave this morning and it warmed up fine for about 10 min and about a mile down the road it started to cough and then died. Added gas to both tanks (they both had about 5 gallons when I started last week) and finally got it started again but as soon as I let off the throttle it would die. As long as I was giving it gas it ran (makes for a fun ride home haulling ass on a dirt road pissing of the neighbors). It has a new mechanical fuel pump, filter seems fine. I know for a fact that the back tank is clean but not sure about the front tank. If it is running on the front tank and getting low on gas could it be that it is picking crap off the bottom of the tank causing it to run like this? I am going to put a direct line from the rear tank to the pump and see if it helps. Any other suggestions or thoughts? Thanks

Matt