• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got it free!!

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've been helping a couple sell off some vehicles the man bought before coming down with dimensia. This engine was in the back of a 77 f150. When I asked where I needed to put it when I sold the truck she told me to take it home. It was built 8/99 and has 2002 marked on it. MAYBE it was three years old when the vehicle was salvaged? I'm stoked and about to tear into efi guys threads.
999608549cc2130a22feafca8cd15458.jpg

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There were also two brand new water pumps in the garage and so far she's let me have one. As we get deeper into cleaning out the garage she'll see she has no use for the other one.

More blessings to be shared after I get some more pics.

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Originally I had expressed interest in this one when the man had the grill and lights torn off the front. I told her I would be interested in the engine if he got it too far to repair. She caught me at church soon after and said come get it. I told her I didn't have any money to buy it, but she was gifting it to me.

58fdaa63caa1e9006426ed3c1ef4cf7a.jpg

Then she said she had a mountaineer with PERFECT leather interior that was going with it so my wife would have nicer seats. Of course, I go to look at the mounty, and I find a 5.0! So now, I can scrap my f150 harness that may or may not work, and build two harnesses just alike. The mounty engine will go in my four year old's bronco when we are ready to build it.

9a04afbec4115eded59427b606fde859.jpg

wegngis

Loc.
Oregon
There's a lot of people in this world that would look at these pics and think, "Gee, you just got burdened with a bunch of junk."

Other, more rational, people like us look at this and say, "Score!"

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
... See Guys & Gals it does pay to go to church & help you fellow man..
.. Sweet I looked at a 100 exploders & I never find a 5.0 .

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here's the full story. We have two kids, 4yo and 9 months. They need ac in the rear of my wife's escape because it's dark colored and the ac just doesn't get cold enough. So she's been asking for something with rear air. Did you know that all 2nd gen explorers have that? So when I went to get this explorer, the lady was digging a wiring harness out of the back. My heart sank because of the work to be done. The man was pulling layers of carpet and tarps off the front because the hood was off. He got the last piece off and I suddenly see nothing missing under the hood. I checked fluids, put a battery on, cranked it up and drove it home..... After I get the replacement condenser on it, we'll shoot it with stuff and have rear ac and even more space than the escape. Not to mention more power!

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
... See Guys & Gals it does pay to go to church & help you fellow man..
.. Sweet I looked at a 100 exploders & I never find a 5.0 .

sorry you not in south FL .... in the last month I found 3 ( 2x gt40p and one gt40) !

the worst got 136k on it and all 4x4.

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's tragic. What will you ever do with 4wd 4r70w's??? I have an idea. Send me one!

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
update:
The lady blessed me a little more today. I won't share how, but I'll tell you I used a little of it and bought a camera scope thingy from Harbor Freight. I'll be able to work on her 56 T Bird now! But, first it had to be tested. So I popped some plugs out of the explorer engine on the stand, pictured above. here's what I found in the first cylinder. Two more were like it before I quit.

Attachments

• 562BEBE0.jpg
    562BEBE0.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 562BEDDF.jpg
    562BEDDF.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 562BECB1.jpg
    562BECB1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 32

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru