• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Got My Truck Running

Indybronco

Loc.
Twentynine Palms, CA
I bought this thing two years ago after getting back from Iraq. My plan was that I would finish my '78 and then get to work on the EB but another Iraq deployment got in the way. So I left the 78 in my garage and put the EB in storage for a year. Well, last week I pushed the EB out of the storage unit, did a few basic checks and turned the key. And....she fired right up! Over the last few days I've been able to get a good look at her and see what the issues are.

Here's what I have: It's a 74 model with a C4, a 302 and has 77,500 original miles. Prior to me buying it, it sat in my friend's back yard for over a year growing a nice coat of green stuff. It hasn't been driven hard, it's just been neglected. It will need a new hood, some work on the doors, some seals replaced, new bushings all around and I will have to fix the left fender. I think whoever owned it before my buddy towed a boat with it as the rear driveshaft and rear axle are somewhat rusty as if they've been immersed in water. The engine bay looks like hell and the engine's paint is flaking off. The worst part about it is that rather than put an adequate lift to clear 31s, someone did a sloppy partial cut on the rear quarters! Argggggggggggh! I'd love to own an uncut EB but it'll just have to wait. Still, it was worth the $3000 I gave for it.

Unfortunately, my build has to wait since we're moving to Twentynine Palms, CA in about two months. Here's a few pics:

001.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

021.jpg

033.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That's great.. Looks like a nice rig. Lots of potential.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Hey half cut is still better than all cut! Good luck with it!