• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

got the cage done

nobodysfool

Loc.
wheatfield,new york
added on to the back of the cage the front well that was in the bronco when i got it back in 1984.bought a pipe bender from harbor freight got it for 80$ 12 ton ram will bend sch40 2inch up to a 90deg bend wasnt sure about the quality but it bends like a champ,its slow but works well.made the back loop in three pieces.i also used our coping punch at work to go pipe to pipe(fish mouth)clean joint.now to make nerf bars my wife needs a step to get in.i think she says this so i stay out in the garage she's awesome....

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 169

Springer

Loc.
Louisville, KY
Looks good! I just bought that same pipe bender today from Harbor Freight but I paid $99.00 :(

My Hobart 140 should be delivered some time this week. Did you have any plans or did you just measure and eye everything up?

OP
OP
nobodysfool

nobodysfool

Loc.
wheatfield,new york
answer to the post above i had a 25% off coupon good for new years day only the bender was on sale for 99.i did not really measure much just made sure it followed the angle of the soft top.i tried to make the top loop in one piece but the bends were a bit off so i cut it with a port a band and welded it straight.i also am using the hobart 140 with c-25 shielding gas its perfect for home projects it does a great job.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry can't help myself but pipe is for poop and tubing is for roll cages, one of my favorite fab sayings.