• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gotta vent a sec.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Gotta vent! Its a little of topic, sorry.Why do people list things on Ebay in good or great shape when they aren't? I was looking at a rear reflector and it said good shape. It has a big a$$ crack in it. If it has a big a$$ crack in it say it has a big a$$ crack in it and put fair, especially for this small of an item. Why don't people put fair shape if it is beat up, split cracked , etc. Dash pads are the worst. It seems they always say "Dash Pad for sale. Excellent shape. Only two, 2 inch splits, easily repairable. If you sell something in Mint Condition, that s all you should have to say. If it is mint, it should have no flaws, right? Mint is perfect. "Mint ,but a good buffing will remove the scratches." I don't think so. If I ever sell anything to anybody I'll be truthful. Especially when it has a big a$$ crack right down the middle.

Just venting a bit. I'm really in a good mood though.

Thanks Much for listening to my big a$$ mouth.

Blue71

JMurray

My grandmother used to tell me,
"dont believe anything you hear, & only half of what you see"
Jerry

72bronco

Bronco Guru
It's not just ebay. When I was shopping around for my bronco I called on one that was advertised. The owner said it was rust free. When I got there the rust was so bad that you could literally see the pavement through the floorboards.

ford67bronco

Loc.
Wisconsin
[quote author=72bronco link=board=5;threadid=15069;start=0#msg114138 date=1047417990]
It's not just ebay. When I was shopping around for my bronco I called on one that was advertised. The owner said it was rust free. When I got there the rust was so bad that you could literally see the pavement through the floorboards.
[/quote]

Maybe it was a typo and was meant to say free rust. ;D ;D

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
If you average the real deals with the rip-offs most people experience on E-Bay, I'm convinced going (bargain) retail is better in terms of cost and hassle.

It is too difficult to filter out the a-holes out there wanting to make a quick buck.

rflud

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Modesto, CA
"Buyer Beware" - Words to live by. Not everybody is as ethical as you would hope. It shouldn't but it is.

Hey look - only a couple more post and I can drink from the cooler o'plenty.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
Yeah, you've got to be on you're toes on there. I'm about to put a pile of things on there, I picked up a set of hard to find '69 351W manifolds the other day (made like a cast iron header), I have another set I'm going to sell on ebay, because one of them had a crack in it & had it braized, but, I'll certainly let people know about it!