• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gunny has a new Heart

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Spent the day (9am to 3:30pm) down at Smokeater11's helping him reinstall his freshened up motor, transmission, and tcase. All went smooth, let me say if you want someone to come and give a hand, call Mark on instructions for prep. he had everything ready to go.
One small issue, yea Thanks Ford for the ever changing firing order. But when I left he was letting her cool back down from operating temp, then he was gonna take Gunny out for a spin. I am sure he will add to this and not wanting to steal his thunder!
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0efuf47t_bg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0efuf47t_bg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
good job boys!

I've got a 351w needs going in, i can pay with burgers and beer!

thirdtime

Contributor
And on the way home stop and give me a few paint and body pointers;D

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
In the current economic situation Until Obama starts sending me money I am limited on my travel. Have gas Chipper will travel.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
A huge thanks to Rev for coming and helping me today. In less than 30 minutes this morning we had the motor, tranny and tcase put in and bolted down. If it weren't for a couple of nagging little things we would have had it running by noon.
Took it for a ride over to see the guy that built the motor and he helped me fine tune the timing and carb. Had a blown power valve in the Holley but still ran decent. Brought it back home and changed the power valve and put a few degrees more timing in it and it is purring like a kitten. Idling at 850 rpms it had 44 psi oil pressure and was sitting at 195*. Made a quick adjustment to the clutch and put the hood back on then took it out again. Man it runs good!!! I'm a very happy guy tonight.

Thanks again Bryan!! I owe you one.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
good job boys!

I've got a 351w needs going in, i can pay with burgers and beer!

Hey I do know how to get to Tallahasee from here........

You take I-75 north till you smell it then I-10 west till you step in it. ;D

Seriously though, if you guys didn't live 5 hours from me I'd be glad to come and turn some wrenches.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
:) I'm almost ready to tow my bronco down next week so we can work on it while the wife does her training in orlando...

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
I've been continuing to tweak and adjust on this new motor and it's almost to my liking. Still feels like it's bogging a little in 3rd and 4th gear so I keep taking away fuel and it keeps getting a little better. Once it gets above 1500 rpms it smooths out and runs beautifully. Some of the change is due to the cam and some of it is that I still haven't gotten it tuned just right yet. Ended up taking 4* of timing back out of it(down to 11*) and that has helped some as well. Part of the problem is that this motor is TIGHT. I'm talking cheater bar on a 1/2 inch ratchet tight before we got it running. Just ask Rev about how much fun it was to turn it by hand when we were finding TDC. It has loosened up quite a bit already but it still needs more miles and heat cycles. I've run it about 250 miles since Monday and will be putting another 60+ miles on it this weekend so it should be pretty good and broke in by the end of the week. Luckily while I'm working Sunday I'll have 15 hours to mess around with it. I need to shoot some more video of it outside and get Rev to post that, now that it's running better.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
After a four year build, you're right it is nice. Gunny was out of comission for 3 weeks and I didn't realize how much I missed driving it until I got it back on the road. It's just so much fun to drive!!