• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

H-boost Questions

BLAKEBRONCO

Loc.
Cumming Georgia
I know some of you wiser guys get tired of idiots like me, but her goes;
I have a couple of questions;
1. I am using the PS pump out of the Astro to power my H-boost and steering. The Astro has a serp. pulley, (about 6-1/2" dia). I have a V-belt set up that currently runs about a 4" pulley for PS. Do I need to get a larger pulley or will the added RPM to the pump be okay?
2. I'm presently running 4 drums - haven't converted to front disc although I'm planning on it. Is there a large-bore MC that I can get until I do the disc conversion that doesn't come with the rod installed? Do any of you guys have the doner?

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Pump pulley is fine, dont worry, those pumps can take some high rpms without barfing. change to the 4 inch and bolt her in.
I dont understand your second question but if I were you I would run my standard bronco master cylinder on the truck until I change the front brakes. Then I would get the new master cylinder, a Lincoln or a camper special works well.
TOFIC