• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

H2 Aluminum wheel Beadlock options

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
What have you done to your H2 wheels for beadlocks. See style below.

4 Wheel Parts Wharehouse has Staun internal beadlocks buy 3 get one free for a total of 533.00 + shipping which is a good deal but a little rich for my taste.

Or..........

I am looking for an actual DIY weld on the outer lip beadlock kit. Predator used to sell the kit below, but it is not offered on their website any longer. Would you go this route? This would give me the proper wheel width and backspacing I want. Plus, I really like the way they look. I have a buddy that makes them as well, but I have heard some bad stuff about compromising the integrity of the wheel by welding on it and having the ring fail. Any info or knowledge on the matter would be appreciated. - Mike

H2Wheel.jpg

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Are the H2 wheels aluminum? Looks like a decent option. I like the 5" BS on them and will likely be looking for a set for mine when I go to the 1 tons.
Interested what you find. I'd love the Staun setup but have been happy with my steel welded beadlocks so far and the ease of tire install and maintenance.

OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Josh, the wheels are aluminum. I did get a quote from a guy in Colorado and he said 235.00 a wheel. At that price, I may as well spring for STAUN's internal beadlocks which would lock both inner and outer beads. :eek:

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
WAIT Wait
scratch all that, I just realized you are interested in the H2 aluminum wheels - duh.
sorry the only thing my slow brain grasped intially was hummer wheel.

OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
WAIT Wait
scratch all that, I just realized you are interested in the H2 aluminum wheels - duh.
sorry the only thing my slow brain grasped intially was hummer wheel.

Actually Mark, If you look at post 6, it is a Hummer H1 steel recentered wheel. I am looking at wheel options for my 1 ton axles and I really like the H2 Aluminum wheels, but would not be opposed to H1 steel wheels. I was just trying to save a little weight. If I could find a DIY kit for the aluminum wheels and Tig them on myself, I would save some cash and get the desired wheel backspace and width I want. That's all. - Carry On. ;D

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I bought a set of 17" x 9" Crager soft 8's in chrome from Summit Racing with 5" backspacing, $400. 17" DIY beadlock rings from Great Lake Offroad, $225. And the bolts from a local hardware supplier, around $35. So I have around $175 each in them.

Attachments

• Clearaning for 40's and testing 074 (Medium).jpg
    Clearaning for 40's and testing 074 (Medium).jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Clearaning for 40's and testing 081 (Medium).jpg
    Clearaning for 40's and testing 081 (Medium).jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Clearaning for 40's and testing 089 (Medium).jpg
    Clearaning for 40's and testing 089 (Medium).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Clearaning for 40's and testing 093 (Medium).jpg
    Clearaning for 40's and testing 093 (Medium).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Aluminum Beadlock Update

Got the wheels and I have found a place that sells 1/4" thick aluminum beadlocks. If anyone is interested, they are 125.00 per wheel. They sit on the outside edge of the wheel and are supposed to be tig welded on around the outer circumferance. The 24 bolt heads are countersunk allen head, so there are no protruding heads past the ring. They are available through
www.sky-manufacturing.com
I spoke to them today, and can have a set of them shipped to my door for 539.00 and that includes all of the hardware.