• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Half cab spare tire mount

snipes243

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
Ok guys Im looking for ideas pictures or anything on mounting a spare tire in my half cab bed. I currently lay it flat. But I got a deal on a tuffy drawer and I cant lay the tire directly on the box. So I need ideas. Wanna keep everything low. so lets hear it

http://www.tuffyproducts.com/p-127-0...ty-drawer.aspx

sparetireidea.jpg

Hawkdoc

What about building a frame on top of the box or incorperating your lower standoff up the side and that would support it and allow you to secure it there?

Hawkdoc

OP
OP
snipes243

snipes243

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntersville, NC
What about building a frame on top of the box or incorperating your lower standoff up the side and that would support it and allow you to secure it there?

Hawkdoc

So far thats what im thinking will be the easiest. By runiing the supports of the tuffy risers. any other crazy ideas?

knack

Contributor
I'm happy with this set-up. The tires are 9.5 X 32". Anything much bigger might be blocking the window too much for you.

Attachments

• IMG_1249.jpg
    IMG_1249.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 39