• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

halfcab - rear seats and full cab top?

clark_toronto

Was curious to know if it's possible, and if so what sort of job am I looking at for installing a rear bench mount and bench seats in a half-cab. Also, is it possible to install a full cab hard top?

I'm new to all of this so if this is a pretty obvious answer, apologies in advance!

John

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Was curious to know if it's possible, and if so what sort of job am I looking at for installing a rear bench mount and bench seats in a half-cab. Also, is it possible to install a full cab hard top?

I'm new to all of this so if this is a pretty obvious answer, apologies in advance!

John

There is a search function here on the site and I highly recommend you use it to save time and get answers but to answer your question yes you can very easily do this, all you need is a full top and a few holes drilled to get the job done. As a matter of fact I am selling my hard top but I doubt your going to go to Hawaii to get it.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
You can't put a rear bench IN a halfcab - it wouldn't fit the floor, and isn't wide enough. If it was centered, the driver wouldn't be centered on the wheel & pedals.

If you mean putting a rear bench in the BED of a halfcab eB, then it's the same as putting one in any other eB, but with less legroom because of the halfcab dividing wall.

If you mean deleting the halfcab & adding a rear bench, then that's all a regular eB is. Same for the full wagon-body top.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
From what I gather the dividing bulkhead in a half-cab is removable, making it identical to a normal bronco interior, but I'm not sure how easy that would be on a repeated basis. Half cabs are pretty desirable in of themselves, so personally I wouldn't want to remove the feature altogether.

I have a half-cab and would also like to explore the idea of adding a removable rear bench for occasions I might want to bring along a few extra friends (I mean pushers for when I hang it up ;D )

Like my Boss says, anything is possible if you have enough time and money.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
DO NOT PULL A BULKHEAD FROM A 1/2 CAB! Biggest mistake I ever made thats when I found out my tub was rusted in 1/2!

Other than thar steve covered it.

yall have fun.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Original half cabs are pretty sought after - especially if they have not been modified to other configurations. If you remove the bulkhead and drill holes in the bed and bed railing for the seat and top you risk devaluing your Bronco. All depends on how much it's already modified. If it's a stock survivor in good condition I would leave it as is.