• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hallelujah!

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
I have excercised the vapor lock demons from my bronco! I have installed an electric Moroso 110gal/hr self regulated fuel pump and rerouted the fuel lines along the outside of the passenger side and up to the carb - cutting out the mechanical pump altogether! The acid test came yesterday in 103 degree heat on I-70 through Denver. Traffic was backed up due to other over heating cars along I-70 as I sat in stop and go traffic for almost an hour! Not once did the bronco act like the gas was carbonated!

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
its suggested that you find yourself one of them dashboard jesus' figurines with the bobbing head to ward off any more demons. :eek: ;)

75dlydrvr

Loc.
Colorado
Waverous,<br><br>Sounds like something I need to look into doing. How much was it to do, and about how many hours total ?:?

OP
OP
Waverous

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
[quote author=jeepster link=board=5;threadid=8164;start=0#57746 date=1029721535]<br>its suggested that you find yourself one of them dashboard jesus' figurines with the bobbing head to ward off any more demons. :eek: ;)<br>[/quote]<br>Amen Brother Jeepster!

OP
OP
Waverous

Waverous

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, CO
[quote author=ward_watson link=board=5;threadid=8164;start=0#57747 date=1029721768]<br>Waverous,<br><br>Sounds like something I need to look into doing. How much was it to do, and about how many hours total ?:?<br>[/quote]<br>The Moroso fuel pump is about $160.00 bucks. It is a QUIET rotary type. I mounted it close to the tank on brackets made from 1/8th by 1 inch steel strap to hang the pump correctly. The strap is anchored to the floor of the bronco with standard bolts. I did place an additional inline filter between the tank and the pump though. Next, I ran 3/8ths inch rubber line from the pump up the passenger sid of the frame, up the firewall to just behind the heater and then to the carb. Total time was about 1 1/2 - 2 hours.