• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hanson Bumber Mass Buy !!!! BUY ENDS TODAY 9/10/04!!!!

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
(updated 7-21)
Ok, The Mass Buy is on. Wayne Hanson worked hard putting this together for us and is offering a 15% discount however to get this the buy is split up into two buys. We need to get at least 15 front bumpers to get the discount for the fronts and 15 rear bumpers to get the discount for the rears. This may be a hard number to reach due to the $$ involved but its sure worth a good try. Wayne told me yesterday that he has already sold several bumpers to guys that had seen this Mass buy but didn't want to wait and purchased anyway. What the heck is up with that??????? These do not count against our quantities...Dips!

There are 6 different front bumper configurations and 8 rear configurations to choose from below and fairly simply to figure out what's what by looking at the photos already posted. These prices listed are list price so be sure to add the Body lift and/or winch ready options if needed and then subtract the 15% discount from the total.

[B](UPDATED 8-21)
buy extended ending on 9-10-04.[/B]

The buy has been extended 10 days due to I will be out of town 8-26 thru labor day 9-6. If you have any questions during this time go directly to Wayne Hanson 831-757-9779.
The buy now ends noon on 9-10-04. Bumpers will be built in the order paymet is made "first pay first served". Call Wayne now and get your orders in. Bumpers will start shipping 2 weeks after the buy is over.

Shipping will all depend on the bumper configuration chosen and of course your location and a quote will be needed from the shipping company for each person. For now. Email me at Garry_brown@co.harris.tx.us and use "Hanson Mass Buy" in the Subject line of the email. I will need to know the bumper/bumpers that you want and your shipping address and I will work these through Wayne. You can also try going directly to Hanson Enterprise for a quote at 831-757-9779 However I still need an email from you stating you want in on the buy so I can keep an accurate head count.

Payment will be directly to Hanson Enterprise and the preferred method of payment is Cashier Checks, money orders, and Credit Cards

Front Technical Specifications: Early Bronco Rubicon Front Bumpers are constructed from 1/4" lasered, formed, and welded steel. Clevis tabs are standard on all Rubicon front bumpers. The ' winch ready ' option includes a bolt-on planertary fairlead mount that will work with all planetary winches up to 9500 lbs. A Warn winch mount is available for those who elect to run the Warn 8274 upright. Front bumpers are available in two height configurations; stock ( generally for 0" - 2" bodylifts) and body-lifted. The 'Stock' bumper is positioned 2-3/4" above the frame-rail while the 'Body-Lifted' bumper is 4-1/4" above the frame. All products shipped bare steel.

Basic Rubicon Series front bumper for Early Bronco Weight = 65-70 and List price $522.50
Rubicon Bumper with Grill Guard Weight = 105-110 and List price $665.50
Rubicon Bumper with Grill Guard, Outer Hoops Weight = 120-125 and List price $830.50

Rubicon Bumper with Prerunner Hoop, Prerunner Bars Weight = 100-105 and List price $715.00
Rubicon Bumper with Winch Bar Weight = 95-100 and List price $599.50
Rubicon Bumper with Prerunner Hoop (no trailing supports) Weight = 95-100 and List price $599.50

Add 16.50 for Body lifted (4-1/4 above frame rails)
Add $55.00 for a Fairlead Mount, for planetary winches up to 9500 lbs.
Add $126.50 for the 8274 Mount, for use with the 8274 Warn Upright

Rear Technical Specifications: Top of bumper is 1/4" above the frame-rail for stock-bodied Broncos. Body-Lift Correction is available for 1" or 2" body lift (bumper positioned 1-1/4" or 2-1/4" above frame-rail, respectively). An un-rated 2" receiver is standard. Tire Carrier Swing-Gate is always positioned on the Passenger Side; Utility Gate Swing-out is always positioned on the drivers' side. 1/4" steel construction. Unfortunately Broncos with a 3" body lift will still have a gap because a 3" correction would place far too much stress on the vehicle's frame. All products are shipped bare steel.

Rear Bumper Weight = 65-70 and list price $357.50
Rear Bumper with Clevis Tabs Weight = 70-75 and list price $423.50
Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier (passenger side swing-out only) Weight = 110-115 and list price $858.00
Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, and Clevis Tabs Weight = 115-120 and list price $924.00
Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier (Pass. Side swing out) and
Utility Gate (Driver side swing out only) Weight = 145-150 and list price $1303.50
Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, Utility Gate, and Clevis Tabs Weight = 150-155 and list price $1369.50
Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, Utility Gate, and Cargo Platform Weight= 170-175 and list price $1490.50
Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, Utility Gate, Cargo Platform
and Clevis Tabs Weight = 175-180 and list price $1556.50

Add $82.50 for a 1" or 2" Body lift correction

Attachments

• hanson front bumper.jpeg
    hanson front bumper.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,629
Last edited:

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
Same question as 76 explorer on when it will happen? Also, what options do we get with the bumpers? I would like the brushguard with the front bumper. Otherwise, I would be interested.

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
I'm not in the market for bumpers right now, but those are some effing SWEET bumpers!!! I like them a lot! I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting feedback. Although it may be a bad time of year for bumpers. Last few years, it seemed as though bumpers were a spring time thing to buy - but what the heck to i know...

OP
OP

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
All I know at this time is Wayne is very interested in working with us and is in the process of sending me a disk with pricing a pictures of his latest EB bumpers. I have been work on this since last week and hadn't planned to post until I had more details however there have been a couple post here within the last few days with members asking about bumpers and I didn't want anyone to miss out. As far as how long the buy lasts is up to us.

Muddy1966Bronco

Loc.
Central PA
Very nice! I am interested upon knowing the price of one of these beasties. Also, does he have a pic of what it looks like without a winch? And I am a bit concerned about the fact that it looks like it covers the headlights and turn signals a bit. My EB will be a daily driver and those will have to be clearly seen for inspection. Thanks. :)

OP
OP

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
teqoso said:
Same question as 76 explorer on when it will happen? Also, what options do we get with the bumpers? I would like the brushguard with the front bumper. Otherwise, I would be interested.

Yes he has brush guards and also builds for a 2" body lift. I will post more info as I get it.

OP
OP

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
supermottl said:
I'm not in the market for bumpers right now, but those are some effing SWEET bumpers!!! I like them a lot! I'm sure you won't have any trouble getting feedback. Although it may be a bad time of year for bumpers. Last few years, it seemed as though bumpers were a spring time thing to buy - but what the heck to i know...

I agree, these are awesome. I cant say if a bumper is a spring time buy or not but I have noticed a lot of bumper related threads going on here lately so we may have a great buy. We'll see.

OP
OP

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Muddy1966Bronco said:
Very nice! I am interested upon knowing the price of one of these beasties. Also, does he have a pic of what it looks like without a winch? And I am a bit concerned about the fact that it looks like it covers the headlights and turn signals a bit. My EB will be a daily driver and those will have to be clearly seen for inspection. Thanks. :)

Yes, He is sending more photos without the winch mounted. Stay tuned ;)

Broncrick

Loc.
Nevada City,CA
Drove down to his shop in spring and picked one up $650, but bulletproof and beautiful! Bounced it off some rocks on the 'con last weekend and only scatched the paint ;D

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Yes i would be interested for sure. Can you see if we can get a weight on those. Just wondering what they weigh in comparison to the protofabs. i have one of his cages. top quality and excellent craftsmanship. Keep us posted.

OP
OP

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Broncrick, Send me some photos and I will post them for you.

TJK74 , These bumpers are well built and on the heavy side. I will ask about a weight for you. At least your in CA. shippings going to suck so hopfully we can get a great deal on the buy.

OP
OP

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Muddy1966Bronco said:

Muddy1966Bronco, here is a photo of Broncrick's rig and with the winch the turn signals can be seen clearly. Built a tad bit different

Broncrick, Nice picture and sweet bumper. thanks ;)

Attachments

• hanson front 055.jpg
    hanson front 055.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 791

Broncrick

Loc.
Nevada City,CA
Yes I opted to not get the other bars ($100 more too) wanted some winch protection since it cost more then the bumper, and still keep it kinda clean :cool:

Thanks for posting the pic Gary

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
I'm definetly interested. I've been eyeing that bumper for a few months now. Glad someone could get in touch with Hanson, as I had no luck what so ever. Let me know, I'm interested in a front and rear.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'd definitely be interested if it's a good deal and shipping coast to coast isn't too much. Those look like great bumpers with some good feedback.