• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hanson Bumpers customer service

chirolaker

Loc.
Kalispell, MT
Hey guys. I was just looking for some feedback to see if anyone has had similar issues dealing with Hanson. I placed an order for a winch bumper in September. They called me the next day and said it would ship in four weeks. I thought it was so great they called me and that four weeks was a very reasonable wait time. Fast forward to January and still no bumper. Eight phone calls with the assurance each time it was shipping the next week. Emails that were promised and not sent. Justin just assured me 10 minutes ago he would call me back today. He's done this four other times, with no call back. Are these guys scam artists?

OP
OP
C

chirolaker

Loc.
Kalispell, MT
Just a quick follow-up: Steve called me and informed me of a paperwork error, which I understand happens. Their records showed the bumper as already shipped. Long story short, he was very helpful and I feel as if the problem has been rectified. Thank you to who ever gave him a call. I appreciate it! This forum is awesome!

Tony Mele

I waited almost a year for completion of my order. I got the bumper - six months after I ordered it and 3 months after it was promised, but missing pieces. Took another 6 months for those to arrive. I also called repeatedly, and was also told it was shipping "next week". When I began to lose patience my calls and messages were no longer returned.

They make a great product. I want a matching front piece to my rear bumper. But I can't bring myself to order from them again.

Hope your experience ends well and yours really does show up soon.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Just a quick follow-up: Steve called me and informed me of a paperwork error, which I understand happens. Their records showed the bumper as already shipped. Long story short, he was very helpful and I feel as if the problem has been rectified. Thank you to who ever gave him a call. I appreciate it! This forum is awesome!

Good deal.. shit happens for sure.. Glad you got it worked out

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Good deal.. shit happens for sure.. Glad you got it worked out

Well he hopes he does... Who was it that one them Delta guys had trouble getting his bumper from? You remember? 6-7 yrs ago.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Looking at this:

Eight phone calls with the assurance each time it was shipping the next week. Emails that were promised and not sent. Justin just assured me 10 minutes ago he would call me back today. He's done this four other times, with no call back.

This does not pass the smell test for me:

Just a quick follow-up: Steve called me and informed me of a paperwork error, which I understand happens. Their records showed the bumper as already shipped. Long story short, he was very helpful and I feel as if the problem has been rectified.

Too many excuses and too many times you have been ignored or blown off.

Dawson410

Loc.
Dawsonville, Ga.
Can't believe this has came up so soon! Been waiting to vent......

I ordered in May 18' . Front and rear bumpers (1402-pre runner & dual post swing away)

Received the front in November, after several calls and repeated " it's at powdercoater"
Or it's staged for shipment.......just got the rear... January 9th...no instructions for assembly.... and missing parts.

Justin said said I'll email you the instructions and the missing parts.....

Right.........really hope you don't have to wait as long as me.....I'm done!

Welding not that great either.

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well he hopes he does... Who was it that one them Delta guys had trouble getting his bumper from? You remember? 6-7 yrs ago.

Yeah, good point... Hopefully it does get smoothed over

sburks737

Any more recent activity/reviews from Hanson purchases? Did everyone seem to get taken care of....eventually?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Yeah you just never know.. Have not heard anything real negative about them, Great product for sure

Bronco4x4

I had a delay in getting a set. They were changing shop locations and I was patient. Nice quality.

Mark1911

Good afternoon
I am amazed how for back this problem with Hanson and Steve Cramer goes, I ordered a single swing rear bumper in early March 2022 and after many promises of "it's in staging", employee issues, Covid, shipping department issues, paperwork mixed up, supplier issues, etc, etc. OMG just confess already!! and tell it like it is, stop blaming everyone and everything around you for your own inadequacies, how this guy has stayed in business is beyond me.

Fast forward to today, finally received the rear bumper, mind you I paid for door-to-door shipping but had to go to the trucking depot to pick it up, WTH?
Subpar welds and overall fitment IS going to be a challenge to get correct. I am not going to call Steve at Hanson due to the fact I don't need any more BS and aggravation. The welds and build quality remind me of a high school project.

There is so much more to say in regard to this company and sloppy product.

Hopefully the Bronco community will listen and STAY as far away from Hanson as possible. Sucks because I like the look of this bumper.

Mark.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
JGO on the site, waited a year for his rear bumper. Sounds like he was as frustrated as anyone here. Promises made, and not followed through on. He finally got his bumper last week, but he talked it up on FB, and was moving towards other modes of motivation.

I even spoke with Wayne himself about a front bumper, and was told it was not possible. I think they are one of the best looking bumpers on the market, it is a shame that it appears that due to whatever factors that are involved, they are no longer available... :cry:

Mark1911

Yep I was excited about finally getting my bumper also, until I got it back to my shop, unpacked it and saw the kinda ugly welds, I personally deal with a ton of fabricated components and parts so I know nice welds, all my excitement of finally receiving it came to just aggravation and another call to Hanson, I composed myself and was told by Steve he would not build another bumper for me, instead returning the one I have and he will fix what I don’t like about it, my expense of course.
By the way, YES I am irritated and having a bit of trouble moving past this, mostly because I really like the stying of this bumper, I will just grind and correctly re-weld pretty much everything.
Sorry for the rant. I really don’t mean any disrespect to anyone it’s just how this was handled.

Mark

Mark1911

And one last thing. I purchased a modified Prototab (some design changes) nothing elaborate, for the front and received it within 3 weeks, from Protofab. It’s very nice and fit like a glove.

Mark

Rsmith

And one last thing. I purchased a modified Prototab (some design changes) nothing elaborate, for the front and received it within 3 weeks, from Protofab. It’s very nice and fit like a glove.

Mark
Interesting thread. I recently purchased a 75 Bronco and am doing research on bumpers for it. I was ready to pull the trigger on a set of Hanson bumpers. I may have to reconsider after reading about the issues others have had with them. I was also looking at the Tom’s Impact bumpers. Fiat top front and rear with the tire carrier. Made in the US by a local fab co. The tire carrier looks a little light weight. It will have a 33” spare on it. Anyone have any experience with these?

Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Interest thread. I recently purchased a 75 Bronco and am doing research on bumpers for it. I was ready to pull the trigger on a set of Hanson bumpers. I may have to reconsider after reading about the issues others have had with them. I was also looking at the Tom’s Impact bumpers. Fiat top front and rear with the tire carrier. Made in the US by a local fab co. The tire carrier looks a little light weight. It will have a 33” spare on it. Anyone have any experience with these?
The Tom's bumpers are copies of the Protofab bumpers so I'd assume they're perform similarly.

Todd Z.

Rsmith

The Tom's bumpers are copies of the Protofab bumpers so I'd assume they're perform similarly.

Todd Z.
Thanks Todd. Yes, after looking at Protofab, they look very similar. I like the center mount carrier they offer. I’m glad I found this thread before ordering my bumpers . May have saved me some headaches.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good afternoon
I am amazed how for back this problem with Hanson and Steve Cramer goes, I ordered a single swing rear bumper in early March 2022 and after many promises of "it's in staging", employee issues, Covid, shipping department issues, paperwork mixed up, supplier issues, etc, etc. OMG just confess already!! and tell it like it is, stop blaming everyone and everything around you for your own inadequacies, how this guy has stayed in business is beyond me.

Fast forward to today, finally received the rear bumper, mind you I paid for door-to-door shipping but had to go to the trucking depot to pick it up, WTH?
Subpar welds and overall fitment IS going to be a challenge to get correct. I am not going to call Steve at Hanson due to the fact I don't need any more BS and aggravation. The welds and build quality remind me of a high school project.

There is so much more to say in regard to this company and sloppy product.

Hopefully the Bronco community will listen and STAY as far away from Hanson as possible. Sucks because I like the look of this bumper.

Mark.
Yep I was excited about finally getting my bumper also, until I got it back to my shop, unpacked it and saw the kinda ugly welds, I personally deal with a ton of fabricated components and parts so I know nice welds, all my excitement of finally receiving it came to just aggravation and another call to Hanson, I composed myself and was told by Steve he would not build another bumper for me, instead returning the one I have and he will fix what I don’t like about it, my expense of course.
By the way, YES I am irritated and having a bit of trouble moving past this, mostly because I really like the stying of this bumper, I will just grind and correctly re-weld pretty much everything.
Sorry for the rant. I really don’t mean any disrespect to anyone it’s just how this was handled.

Mark

sux to hear Mark